Table of Contents
Feature accommodations and enable booking service
We developed our custom hotel room/property booking plugin MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin and integrated it with the Oceanica WordPress theme, so your your hotel will be presented perfectly and will function properly online. When installing the theme, you’ll be offered to install the Hotel Booking plugin.
The plugin fulfills several functions: with its help you can present all rooms, services, details of the hotel as well as turn on online reservation of your property.
Here is a quick guide of how to create rooms listing with booking service enabled:
1. If the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin is activated, two menus should appear: Accommodation and Bookings. By default, the room reservation option is enabled (Accommodation → Settings → Disable Booking).
2. Start with adding Seasons – specific time periods that can come with different pricing for
Rooms (for example, Summer, 2018; April, 2018).
3. Add a full list of available hotel Services (paid or free, e.g. parking, luggage storage, spa service).
4. Add Accommodation types specifying their descriptions, facilities which are free room amenities (e.g. air conditioning, slippers) and additional hotel services/packages available (e.g. parking, spa).
5. Add Rates to present the same accommodations with different conditions (e.g. triple
refundable versus triple non-refundable). Your guests will be able to choose rates when booking a room.
6. Go to Generate accommodations menu to generate a real number of existing rooms of the same accommodation types available in your hotel establishment.
7. Create all needed pages (you should be offered to install these pages automatically): Search Results, Search Availability, Complete Booking, Booking Confirmation, Booking Cancellation pages with appropriate shortcodes and messages.
8. Navigate to configure general plugin Settings and Payments. (the plugin supports multiple bookings reservation so you have no limit in setting adults and children number for the search availability form).
9. Configure Language settings.
10. Go to Shortcodes to get the needed ones and add to the needed pages and posts.
11. To view, add or delete your real booking requests, go to Bookings menu.
12. Create your booking rules to manage all or individual accommodations: go to Bookings → Booking rules. These rules allow you to set minimum and maximum check-in and check-out dates, minimum and maximum stay-in days for all or individual accommodations. Also, using this menu you’ll be able to block the booking option for chosen accommodations at specific periods of time.
12. If you want to create discount coupons and provide your clients with them, create and customize them via Bookings → Coupons → Add New.
Hotel Booking Documentation
This is just a quick guide. Most likely you’ll need more details on how to work with the plugin, so please take a look at the Hotel Booking Documentation
The appropriate plugin’s content and functionality can be also added to site pages through Widgets menu.