Table of Contents
Front Page Editing
This theme is completely integrated with WordPress visual editor. Go to dashboard menu Appearance → Customize in order to start editing your Front Page.
Customizer is formed of two areas. Left-hand side includes settings and right-hand side is used to preview the changes. You can see the result at preview area. After you finish editing you should click on Save & Publish button in the top left corner to apply the changes.
All further instructions describe the principles of work in Customizer (Appearance → Customize menu).
Front Page: Site Title, Tagline and Logo
Go to Site Identity tab in order to edit Site Title and Tagline.
After that you can click on Logo tab to edit logo of your website. Press Change Image button and select new logo from WordPress Media Library or upload it from your PC. It is recommended to prepare logo of proper size before uploading it to your website.
Front Page: Website Colors
The theme allows to select a color scheme among the ready-made presets or you can pick each color by your own. Switch to Colors tab in order to edit colors of your website.
Front Page: Background Image
Toggle to Background Image tab in order to set main background image for your website. It is also possible to configure image appearance that will best fit your needs.
Front Page: Contact Information
Using this theme you can show your contact information – address and phone number in header and footer areas of your website. Switch to Contact Information tab to edit this data. You can change both the contact information and its title.
Front Page: Sections
Each section of the Front Page can be managed through Customizer. You should just switch to corresponding tab of certain section which should be modified.
For example: In order to edit the first section of your Front Page you should toggle to tab that is called – Big Title Section. If you do not want to show this section you can select the “Hide this section” option. Each tab provides controls to edit content of any section of the main page.
Front Page: Widgets
On the Front Page of your website you can find sections with similar blocks that are called widgets. The content of such sections can be edited using widgets which are built into the theme.
For example: In order to edit Features section of your website you should switch to Features Section tab. You can hide this section, edit its Title and Description. Follow these easy steps below to edit the content of this section:
- Go back to the main panel of Customizer and follow to Widgets → Features Section.
- Click Add a Widget button.
- Select Theme → Feature widget from the list (keyword search at the top might be helpful).
- You will see a form for editing Feature block and default content will disappear in the right preview area.
- Fill the form of the widget with your content to the left.
- You can see the changes at the preview area on the right side while filling the form with information.
- Add as many widgets as you need.
- You can also set widget size for any device.
Front Page: Portfolio Section
In order to customize Portfolio Section you should fill it with your products (posts). Navigate to Dashboard → Portfolio. Thus you can add posts to Portfolio menu, type a title, text and featured image. All these posts will be displayed in Portfolio Section automatically.
Please note: to make Portfolio appear at dashboard menu you should install “Portfolio for Emmet theme” plugin within Theme Wizard or by notification of plugins installer.
Front Page: Subscribe Section
Subscribe section allows to output a subscription form on your website. In order to add a subscription form you can use any plugin which supports widgets. There is “Another MailChimp Widget” plugin built into the theme by default. It allows your users to sign up for your MailChimp mailing list. Navigate to Widgets → Subscribe Section to add Another MailChimp Widget or any other widget for subscription form you would like.
As you can see all the section of the Home page are fully editable using WordPress Customizer. Just add and edit text, images, and widgets.
Front Page: Anchor Points
Here is a full list of anchors:
– #big-section for Big title section
– #welcome for First Feature Section
– #third for Second Feature Section
– #install for Call To Action Section
– #features for Features Section
– #portfolio for Portfolio Section
– #plan for Packages Section
– #accent for Accent Section
– #subscribe for Subscribe Section
– #lastnews for Latest News Section
– #testimonials for Testimonials Section
– #googlemap for Google Map Section
– #contact for Contact Us Section
In order to form an anchor link you need to indicate website url, slash and #section id e.g. http://yoursite.com/#subscribe