Collection of Information
You can visit the website MotoPress.com without revealing any personal information. However, MotoPress.com needs certain personal data if you wish to purchase our plugins, receive the MotoPress.com newsletter, or leave comments.
This information may include your personal contact information or your company contact data. MotoPress.com will use this information to reply to your comments, issues, to provide you with requested services, and to contact you regarding updates and new products.
MotoPress.com automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We can use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, MotoPress.com does not connect this non-personal data to any personal data collected from you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes. When you send us a message on the site we collect your message, email address, and also IP address and browser user agent to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Use of Collected Information
The information MotoPress.com collects from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
– to improve our website;
– to improve customer service;
– to process transactions;
– to administer a contest, promotion, or other product feature;
– to send periodic emails.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we provide the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
Disclosure and Sharing of Information
MotoPress.com may disclose your personal data when:
– we have your consent to share the information for a specific purpose;
– we need to respond to the subpoenas, court orders, or other governmental requests;
– we need to protect the personal safety of the users of our website or defend the rights or property of MotoPress.com;
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information.
If you do not consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal data to MotoPress.com and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein.
Protection of Information
Your MotoPress.com information is protected for your privacy and security. We safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, network firewall, and physical security measures.
MotoPress.com retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified herein or as required by the law.
MotoPress.com may at any time amend this policy. Please review it periodically, we’ll post changes on this page.
MotoPress and GDPR Compliance
MotoPress, Inc. complies with the EU Data Protection Directive through Privacy Shield certification and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection through the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework.
What kind of information do we collect?
– we collect the information you give us when buying our products or services and information you provide to us directly;
– when you purchase our products or services we ask you for such information as your name, email address, phone number, and transaction details. Transaction information may include billing details;
– we collect the content, information about your email and avatar when you communicate with us or other MotoPress users via a forum, comments, and reviews.
Collection of information during the checkout process
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
– Create an account with your name and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
How do we use the information?
We process information from or about you to provide you with our products and services. We use your personal data to:
– communicate with you about our products and services;
– create your personal account;
– provide technical support;
– notify you about updates;
– customize your experience based on your activities, including purchases and online services you use. This enables MotoPress to make your experience unique. For example, by offering you products or services that are relevant to you;
– send you promotional messages and content thus market to you our products or services.
We will not sell or give your personal data to anyone. You may opt-out of these emails at any time. Please contact us to opt-out.
How long do we keep the data?
MotoPress will not store your personal data for longer than required. We retain your information until such time as you are no longer our customer. For example, to provide you with technical assistance we need your email to be sure you have purchased our product or service.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Who can get the information about your personal data?
The information you post on MotoPress public forums, comments, and reviews sections such as your username, avatar is public and visible to other users. Certain data associated with your public posts, such as date and time may also be published and publicly available.
Third parties that provide functionality for MotoPress
Some of the content, marketing, and functionality on our website may be provided by third parties which are not MotoPress affiliates. For example, we work with companies that help us build marketing automation.
If you subscribe to the MotoPress newsletter and provide us with your information then you give us your consent to send you information about the latest blog posts and promotional messages. You may opt-out of these emails at any time.
MotoPress Product Demo
MotoPress product demo allows you to test drive MotoPress products. By registering MotoPress demo you give your consent to use your email for creating a personal testing account for you.
After we have processed your demo request, you will receive the confirmation email with the activation link.
The registered demo is available for a certain period of time, the time of a trial depends on the product you choose. We will send you an email a few days prior to your demo expiration date.
You are able to use the “right to be forgotten”. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
We’ll erase all your personal data if you would like to deactivate or delete the account, please contact us. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Updated Nov 23, 2022