Table of Contents
Quick Start Guide
- Install and activate Ciestra WordPress theme.
- Install and activate required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Import sample data (if you install a theme on a fresh website).
- Feature accommodations and enable booking services (work with MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin).
- Set up and customize the front page.
- Edit website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- You’ll be offered to install a number of different plugins that ensure the theme will look like the demo – you can install all of them and later deactivate / uninstall plugins you won’t need.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data to the theme to edit all pages easier and quicker.
Warning! Import sample data only in case it’s a fresh website and it doesn’t contain any custom content!
Import sample data
When all required plugins are installed and activated, Import Sample Data menu should appear under Appearance menu on your WordPress website. Head over to this menu and run the importer by clicking on the “Import Demo Data” button.
If you plan to use your Instagram feed gallery (featured in demo), go to Settings → Instagram Gallery → Create new gallery and insert your Instagram username → apply the preferable settings. Using the generated shortcode, you can list your gallery on the website.
Now you can customize your theme!
There are 2 ways you can proceed with the theme customization:
- General website settings and design customization.
- Add rental properties with MotoPress Hotel booking plugin and configure the needed settings for the booking system.
We recommend starting with a way 2. This will help you firstly add properties related content and only after that customize the theme appearance (as well as appearance of the rest of the theme).