Table of Contents
Quick Start Guide
- Install and activate AlpenHouse WordPress theme.
- Install and activate required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Import sample data (if you install a theme on a fresh website).
- Activate API keys for the services that require authorization.
- If needed, add content to custom post types like WooCommerce shop, generate Contact form 7 shortcode, etc.
- Feature accommodations and enable booking services (work with MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin).
- Set up and customize the front page.
- Edit website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- You’ll be offered to install a number of different plugins that ensure the theme will look like the demo – you can install all of them and later deactivate / uninstall plugins you won’t need.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data to the theme to edit all pages easier.
Warning! Proceed to import sample data only in case it’s a fresh website and it doesn’t contain any custom content!
Import sample data
When all required plugins are installed and activated, Import Sample Data menu should appear under Appearance menu on your WordPress website. Head over to this menu and run the importer by hitting on the “Import Demo Data” button. Be patient, the process can take up to 15 minutes.
When the process is finished, you’ll also need to activate the widgets that require API keys.
Insert API key
If you plan to display a Google map, go to Google Maps → Settings and insert your Google maps API key. If API key is not specified, the Google Maps widget will be displayed with errors.
The installation is done! Now you can customize the theme appearance and replace demo data with custom content.
There are 2 ways you can proceed with the theme customization:
- General website settings and design customization.
- Add rental properties with MotoPress Hotel booking plugin and configure the needed settings for the booking system.
We recommend a way 2. This will help you firstly add properties related content and only after that customize its appearance (as well as appearance of the rest of the theme).