Table of Contents
Quick Start Guide
- Install and activate Campterra WordPress theme.
- Install and activate required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Import sample data (if you install a theme on a fresh website).
- Add rental spaces for RVs or tents and enable booking services (work with MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin).
- Set up and customize the front page.
- Edit website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- You’ll be offered to install a number of different plugins that ensure the theme will look like the demo – you can install all of them and later deactivate / uninstall plugins you won’t need.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data to the theme to edit all pages easier and quicker.
Warning! Import sample data only in case it’s a fresh website and it doesn’t contain any custom content!
Import sample data
When all required plugins are installed and activated, Import Sample Data menu should appear under Appearance menu on your WordPress website. Head over to this menu and run the importer by clicking on the “Import Demo Data” button.
Insert API keys
If you plan to use a Newsletter subscription with Mailchimp, you’ll need to activate your MailChimp account via Settings → Another Mailchimp. Insert your MailChimp API key.
Now you can customize your theme!
There are 2 ways you can proceed with the theme customization:
- General website settings and design customization.
- Add rental units with MotoPress Hotel booking plugin and configure the needed settings for the booking system.
We recommend to start with a way 2. This will help you firstly add properties related content and only after that customize their appearance (as well as appearance of the rest of the theme).