Table of Contents
Quick Start Guide
- Install and activate the Luviana WordPress theme.
- Install and activate required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Import sample data (if you install a theme on a fresh website).
- Feature accommodations and enable booking services (work with MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin).
- Set up and customize the front page.
- Edit website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- Immediately after the activation, you’ll be prompted to install a number of different plugins that ensures that your website looks and functions as the default Luviana demo – you can install all of them at this stage and later deactivate / uninstall plugins you won’t need. You simply need to click the “Begin installing plugins” link.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data to the theme to edit all pages easier.
Warning! Import sample data only in case it’s a fresh website and it doesn’t contain any custom content!
Import sample data
When all required plugins are installed and activated, Import Demo Data menu should appear under the Appearance menu on your WordPress dashboard. Head over to this menu and run the importer by clicking on the “Import Demo Data” button.
Once the process is finished, you can start customizing your theme!
Insert API keys (optional)
You don’t really need extra plugins that work through API integration – Getwid plugin for building content with Gutenberg can be used instead. If you plan to use any content modules by the Getwid blocks plugin for Gutenberg that require API integration (e.g. Google Maps, Instagram Gallery, Captcha, etc.), you can obtain and insert your API keys anytime via Settings → Writing Settings → Getwid.
There are 2 ways you can proceed with the theme customization:
- General website settings and design customization.
- Add rental properties with MotoPress Hotel booking plugin and configure the needed settings for the booking system.
We recommend starting with a way 2. This will help you firstly add properties related content and only after that customize theme appearance (as well as appearance of the rest of the theme).