Table of Contents
Quick Start Guide
- Install and activate Mountainview WordPress theme.
- Install and activate required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Activate important Jetpack plugin options.
- Import sample data (if you install a theme on a fresh website).
- Feature accommodations and enable booking services (work with MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin).
- Set up and customize the front page.
- Edit website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- You’ll be offered to install a number of different plugins that ensure the theme will look like the demo – you can install all of them and later deactivate / uninstall plugins you won’t need.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data to the theme to edit all pages easier.
Warning! Import sample data only in case it’s a fresh website and it doesn’t contain any custom content!
Important information before importing sample data!
Such features as Testimonials, Contact form and Tiled galleries that are presented in the theme demo are powered by the Jetpack plugin.
If you want to use them in your theme, you should firstly enable them in Jetpack before importing sample data. Follow the steps below:
1. Install and activate Jetpack plugin if you have not done that yet.
2. Connect Jetpack to WordPress.com (it’s free). Jetpack is a top popular plugin to improve your website at many levels, but if for some reason you don’t want to connect it to WordPress.com, you can still use it by activating Jetpack Dev Mode with a help of this plugin.
3. Once Jetpack is activated, go to its settings at your_website_url/wp-admin/admin.php?page=jetpack_modules (replace your_website_url with your domain name).
and activate the following modules: Carousel, Contact Form, Custom content types, Tiled Galleries. Skip the modules you are not going to use.
4. Proceed to importing sample data.
Import sample data
When all required plugins are installed and activated, Import Sample Data menu should appear under Appearance menu on your WordPress website. Head over to this menu and run the importer by hitting on the “Import Demo Data” button. Be patient, the process can take up to 15 minutes.
Now you can customize your theme!
There are 2 ways you can proceed with the theme customization:
- General website settings and design customization.
- Add rental properties with MotoPress Hotel booking plugin and configure the needed settings for the booking system.
We recommend a way 2. This will help you firstly add properties related content and only after that customize its appearance (as well as appearance of the rest of the theme).