Table of Contents
Quick start guide
- Install and activate the Lotus Spa WordPress theme.
- Install and activate the required plugins. You may optionally disable unneeded plugins later.
- Import sample data (if you install the theme on a new website).
- Configure the settings for the Appointment Booking plugin.
- Set up and customize the front page of the theme.
- Edit the website identity, menus and header in the WordPress Customizer.
- Customize other website pages.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the ZIP file with the theme. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- Immediately after the activation, you’ll be prompted to install several plugins which ensure that your website looks and functions as the Lotus Spa demo – you can install all of them at this stage and later deactivate/uninstall plugins you won’t need. Click on the “Begin installing plugins” link if you want to install them.
- Once all plugins are installed and activated, you may want to import sample data (more on this below) to the theme to edit all pages easier.
Note: Import sample data only in case it’s a new website, meaning and it doesn’t contain custom content.
Import sample data
Find Import Demo Data under the Appearance menu on your WordPress dashboard. Go there and run the importer by clicking on the “Import Demo Data” button.
After you receive the notification you see below, you can start working on your theme.
Firstly, we recommend you to add your therapists, schedules, locations and more with the MotoPress Appointment Booking plugin (go to Appointment Booking Functionality in the docs).
Next, proceed with the general theme customization process.
Video review of the Lotus Spa theme