Table of Contents
To instal the Oceanica theme, follow these steps:
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme.
- Install required plugins (you’ll be offered to install them).
- Configure Jetpack plugin – connect it to wordpress.com via WordPress dashboard (optional).
Note: we recommend using child theme oceanica-child that comes in the theme package (downloadable files) for your custom modifications. This will help you keep your content despite main theme updates.
Import sample data (One Click)
To import sample data in one click, install the recommended plugin “One Click Demo Import (for first theme installation).” offered during the theme installation.
Navigate to Appearance → Import Demo Data on your WordPress dashboard and import sample data.