Table of Contents
- In your admin panel, go to Appearance → Themes and click the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme, Browse and Choose File; then select the theme’s ZIP file. Click Install Now.
- Click Activate to use your new theme
- Follow the Theme Wizard
You can import the sample content to your site on the Import step while running the Theme Wizard. This is optional but provides a good starting point. Demo examples of the posts, works, and settings will be imported to your new website.
There are both – required and recommended plugins built into the theme. You are able to install them following the instructions at the Theme Wizard. Also you may see the message to install plugins at your Dashboard like “This theme requires the following plugin…” Please follow the directions to install and activate the plugins.
The theme gets updates automatically. You will see a notification about new version available at WordPress menu Dashboard → Updates or Appearance → Themes. Follow the instructions to update theme to the latest version. When the theme is up to date you might be proposed to update plugins that are integrated into the theme. Just follow the directives to update the plugins too.
If you own theme with Pro license, you need to activate the License Key. Go to Appearance → Theme License, paste and activate your License Key. You can find detailed guide on how to work with License Key at Documentation section on our website.
Within Pro version you are free to modify “Designed by MotoPress” text in the footer. Find it in General tab in WordPress Customizer (Appearance → Customize menu).
Using free Lite version you get Motopress Content Editor free of charge. “Designed by MotoPress” text in the footer is not editable.
- Go to Appearance → Menus in order to change Menu. The theme supports one (Primary) menu location.
- Edit your default menu by adding or removing items in Menu Structure section.
Front Page Editing
This theme is completely integrated with WordPress visual editor. Go to dashboard menu Appearance → Customize in order to start editing your Front Page.
Customizer is formed of two areas. Left-hand side includes settings and right-hand side is used to preview the changes. You can see the result at preview area. After you finish editing you should click on Save & Publish button in the top left corner to apply the changes.
All further instructions describe the principles of work in Customizer (Appearance → Customize menu).
Front Page: Select the content for your Home Page
You can show Static Page, Latest Posts or any other page of your website on a Front Page. Switch to Static Front Page tab. If you do not wish to use Static page as Front one you should switch off the following option: “Override latest posts with Customizable Front Page”.
Front Page: Site Title, Tagline and Logo
Go to Site Identity tab in order to edit Site Title and Tagline. Change Site Title Font Family by choosing one of Google fonts from the drop-down list.
After that you can go back to Customizer settings and click on Logo tab to edit logo of your website. Press Change Image button and select new logo from WordPress Media Library or upload it from your PC. It is recommended to prepare logo of proper size before uploading it to your website.
Front Page: Website Colors
The theme allows to select a color scheme among the ready-made presets or you can pick each color by your own. Switch to Colors tab in order to edit colors of your website.
Front Page: Contact Information
Using this theme you can show your contact information – Address, Opening Hours and Follow Us social icons in the footer area of your website. Switch to Contact Information and Social Links tabs accordingly to edit this data. You can change both the contact information and its title.
Front Page: Works Section
In order to manage the front page blocks you should fill them with your posts. Navigate to Dashboard → Works. Thus you can add your posts, type a title, text and add a featured image. All these posts will be displayed in Works Section automatically.
Please note: you can rename Works to any other suitable title within Theme Wizard on the Post Type step.
You can switch to Gallery, Image, Link and Video post format in the following way:
- Toggle to Dashboard → Works.
- Click Add New button to enter your title and put content into the appropriate fields. Paste a link to YouTube video, create a gallery or insert an external link.
- Change your post format with a help of Format radio-button list from the right.
To create a Works Archive page. Follow these steps:
- Go to Dashboard and switch to Pages.
- Create new Page
- Select a “Works Archive” template from the drop-down menu in the Page Attributes metabox.
- Publish and preview
As you can see all the section of the Home page are fully editable using WordPress Customizer. Just add and edit text, images, and widgets.
Follow the steps below to display the posts on your website:
- Add a new page and name it Blog.
- The theme provides a choice of blog layouts for your website. Select one of blog page templates.
- Publish the page. Now you can preview the result by clicking on View Page button.
- Go to Appearance → Menus to add a Blog menu item.
The theme provides a variety of page layouts. You are able to set the following page layouts which could be found at the right panel of the page editor:
- Default – fixed width content
- Blog – standard list of posts
- Full Width – wide screen content
- Landing page – without header, menu and footer
- With Sidebar – a page with sidebar on the right side
- Works Archive – your works divided into blocks
Actions and Filters (for developers)
Each section of the Home Page allows to output the content or perform an action before and after section’s main content output.
For example the following actions are available for Testimonials section: