Table of Contents
This addon allows you to automatically email invoices as PDFs to your guests upon booking submission.
Installation and setup
- Download a .zip archive with the Hotel Booking PDF Invoices add-on files.
- Install the plugin from your WordPress Dashboard via Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin → Browse → Install Now.
- Activate the plugin (Note: this add-on requires Hotel Booking plugin 3.8.6 or greater).
- Go to Accommodation → Settings → Extensions tab → Invoices → scroll down to License to input your license key and save the changes.
Customize invoice template
A PDF invoice consists of two parts:
- Automatically generated customer and booking details (different for each booking)
- Your custom property/hotel information (fixed).
First, include all brand property information into your invoice via Accommodation → Settings → Extensions tab → Invoices. Here is what you can do with your invoice:
- Add an Invoice title (e.g. Invoice)
- Upload a company logo
- Add a company name (e.g. the name of your property or hotel)
- Add company information (e.g. address)
- Additional information that will be added at the bottom of the invoice (here you can include any legal information, site links or whatever information for guest reference).
If you want to display a link to an automatically generated invoice on your website right after a guest submits a booking, tick this option in the settings:
This allows guests to view and download PDF invoices on your website by following a link:
Include a PDF invoice tag into guest emails
To automatically send PDF invoices as email attachments, make sure to copy and paste this tag %pdf_invoice% into the Approved booking email template (via Accommodation → Settings → Customer Emails).
Guests will be able to find attachments in emails – they can view, download and print them:
Please note: invoices are generated even for unpaid bookings:
Once a customer has paid or you added a payment manually, details in the invoice are automatically regenerated.
View invoices in the admin dashboard
As an administrator, you can view customer invoices:
- From the list of all bookings (hover the mouse over the needed booking)
- From any individual booking (open a booking)
Once any information in the booking changes, the invoice will be updated accordingly.