Table of Contents
Time to set general settings to make your plugin work properly. Go to Accommodation → Settings.
In the first General tab you can configure the following settings:
Select system pages
- Select Search Results page (a page where your guests will see the search results listing)
- Select Complete Booking page (where guests will complete their booking requests). These pages should be added earlier in order to appear in the drop-down menu.
- Select Terms and Conditions page – by adding a page here you enable a checkbox on the checkout page with text linked to this page. So your guest will be asked if they accept your terms before making a reservation.
Skip Search Results
This option allows to skip search results page and enable direct booking if search is performed from accommodation pages. It is mostly useful for small rental establishments with several accommodation types.
Set parameters for displaying accommodation types
- Specify square units
- Currency position
- General check-in and check-out time
- Date format
- Bed types available in the hotel
- Specify the period of time to show the lowest price. If guests don’t set check-in and check-out dates, the’ll see the cheapest accommodation for the period of time you set (for example, if you set 20 days – they’ll see the cheapest price during 20 days).
- Enable/disable the search form to recommend the best set of accommodations according to a number of guests. This feature is great to support multiple accommodations booking at a time (perfect for hotels). That is, if a guest is looking for rooms for 10 people, for example, the system will recommend several rooms to accommodate 10 people. So, the guest can either go ahead and add all recommended rooms into one reservation or skip the recommendation and choose rooms manually. For example (frontend):
Quick tips regarding “To recommend the best set of accommodations according to a number of guests”:
- This option is perfect for hotels.
- If you use the plugin for a vacation rental, BnB or a guest house, which are generally rent out as one item, you’ll most likely need to turn off this option, because travellers might not find it useful to be advised several, say, villas, in different locations.
- Enable/Disable the use of coupons (Add new discount coupons via Bookings → Coupons → Add new)
- Put the text of your Terms and Conditions.
If you plan to disable a booking option, simply tick “Disable Booking” button and include any notification for your guests while booking is disabled.
Booking confirmation and cancellation settings
At first, set a confirmation mode – who should confirm a booking after the booking request is placed by the customer:
- you (pick By admin manually)
- your guest (pick by Customer via email)
- automatically after payment (pick Confirmation upon payment)
In the same section select which page the users will be redirected to once their booking request is confirmed.
If you prefer the user to confirm their booking, specify an approval time given for this procedure in Approval Time for User section (e.g. 25 minutes).
In the same section set what address information is required from the guest in order to place a booking: either it’s only a country or residence or full address.
Now, set booking cancellation option.
If you want to allow users cancel booking by clicking on cancellation link in the email, tick the appropriate field and specify the page where users will be redirected to after cancellation is made.
Set up search parameters
This is maximum accommodation occupancy available in the Search Form.
Set the maximum adults and children accommodation occupancy for the Search form (the values are unlimited).
To support multiple accommodations booking at a time, set the maximum limit of guests. For example, there are 20 rooms with a total capacity 60 people; you may set the maximum adults to 40, for example, because one guest can make a reservation for 20,30, etc. people at a time.
Don’t forget to hit Save Changes button after all settings are defined.
Set Display options
There are 2 options so far:
- Enable/disable displaying gallery images of accommodation page in lightbox. This option was integrated to improve compatibility with Jetpack plugin that supports a great gallery and lightbox modules to display the images of your properties in a beautiful way.
- Choose the theme for your Search Availability calendar to fit design of your WordPress theme.