Table of Contents
Enable the use of coupons
First of all, turn on coupons via Accommodation → Settings → General tab → Misc → tick “Enable the use of coupons”.
If you want to provide guests with discount coupon codes, which they can apply on the checkout page, you should go to Bookings → Coupons → Add new.
Note: all coupon codes are applied to the ‘Accommodation Subtotal’ value, meaning, only to the cost of the accommodation.
- Percentage. A designated percentage value applies to the accommodation cost of the chosen stay-in period.
- Fixed per accommodation per stay. A designated amount applies in a monetary value per accommodation per stay.
- Fixed per accommodation per day. A designated amount applies in a monetary value per accommodation to every day of the stay-in period.
Navigate to Bookings → Coupons → Add new. All the settings of this menu will let you customize the coupon:
- Set the coupon code.
- Add coupon description.
- Set the discount amount of a coupon: it can be a percentage or monetary (per stay or per day) value.
- Optionally choose accommodation types the discount coupon is valid for.
- Optionally set check-in and check-out dates “frame” when the discount coupon is valid.
- Optionally set minimum and maximum days to stay required for the coupon to be valid.
- Optionally set the number of times the coupon can be used.
- Min days before check-in: use this option to create early bird discounts. For example, set ’30’ if you want this coupon to work for bookings made not later than in 30 days before the check-in date.
- Max days before check-in: use this option to create last minute discounts. For example, set ‘2’ if you want this coupon to work for bookigns made not earlier than in 2 days before the check-in date.
Note: guests must enter the coupon code at checkout, that is, coupons don’t apply automatically.
The guests can apply the coupon on the checkout page when confirming and booking an accommodation. So, when the coupon is applied, the guests pay a discounted price.