Oceanica is something completely new in the product line of WordPress themes by MotoPress: it’s much more lightweight, modern-looking and deeply integrated with the native WordPress functionality.
Oceanica was created for the hospitality-centric industry: hotels, apartments, vacation rentals, hostels, guesthouses, inns and similar businesses.
The reservation system of the theme is powered by the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin for WordPress, allowing you to feature your hotel establishment in the best light and rent out your accommodations in a real time.
As both design and development needlework of Oceanica was done by MotoPrss guys, its design and a powerful booking engine work together as one seamless solution and help you power direct bookings for your hotel. Exactly as we announced – a one-stop WordPress theme for your hospitality business needs!
Want to know details? Let’s take a closer look at its design and functionality.
Clean and lightweight WordPress design
As you might already noticed, Oceanica is very clean and clutter-free. This is extremely important to provide your guests with a great user experience of a property reservation, so they won’t feel lost.
You’ll also enjoy elegant and readable fonts, responsive layouts that will look sharp on any device and overall usability. Here is the cutie:
You are free to tweak colors, hover colors, background, etc.
It’s also important to mention that Oceanica comes with a deep native integration with WordPress functionality (e.g., you may add your Features listing using child and parent pages), which means easier customization and saving your content even when switching the theme.
For example, here is the ‘Activities’ block featured on the front page – it’s a child page of the parent ‘Oceanica” front page:
Layouts are far from complex as well: you can use a full-width or full-width grid for a front page, your blog posts, etc. Take a look:
You may also use a more standard layout with the sidebar or grid with sidebar. For example:
Overall, Oceanica is a very lightweight WordPress theme without redundant functionality and wrong plugins, easy in navigation and optimization. That’s a great news for search engines and for your guests in their fast and dynamic journeys.
Main features of Oceanica
Oceanica is a fully customizable WordPress theme, you should not have any problems making your updates.
The front page can be set up in a few steps with the visual WordPress Customizer:
- Update your site identity (site title, tagline and logo).
You may also change colors and background image. Here is a piece of Oceanica with the background image (do you think it looks better now?):
Additionally, you can create up to 4 different menus (3 in the header and 1 in the footer) with site pages, widgets, icons, contact details or any other info you need:
You may also change the location of the menus or completely hide unneeded ones.
Take a look a step-by-step tutorial for Oceanica and see how to work with the menus.
The widgets area (your content blocks) can be also quickly added with the WordPress Customizer: you can choose what widgets to add to the front page top and bottom, and to the 3-column footer.
For example, by default, Oceanica comes with the Search Availability calendar at the “front page top”, but you can add/replace the widget with any one to your liking:
Oceanica comes with a custom set of different social media icons you can link to your accounts (you can add them to any menu via Menus):
Testimonials are integrated into Oceanica via Jetpack plugin (all the pros and cons of this plugin are described in one of the previous articles by Steve Collins, a lead developer at MotoPress.) In the Oceanica, Jetpack plugin adds stylish and functional galleries for your images and enables Testimonials module:
However, if you are not interested in those modules, you may opt out installing the plugin.
To configure whether the front page should show your latest blog posts or the static page with your content blocks, navigate to Static Front Page via the WordPress Customizer (or go to your main WordPress dashboard > Settings > Reading).
A powerful property booking engine
An accommodation booking option in Oceanica is powered by the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin, created specifically for direct online accommodation reservations. It means you won’t need to work with other third-party companies and can fully rely on MotoPress team when it comes to the theme functionality.
The styles of the plugin are maximum polished to look perfect in the Oceanica. Moreover, you save a pretty good sum of money with the plugin that folks often buy separately!
Let’s get down to the main features of the WordPress Hotel Booking plugin built into Oceanica:
- Real-time search availability form – the guests see the only rooms available for their dates and can book them online.
You also can add this calendar to the sidebar through Widgets menu.
2. Properties listing – add your rooms/ apartments /villas through a handy dashboard, specifying all details such as in-room amenities, extra services available, capacity, etc. You may also add an image gallery for each accommodation.
All of them are stored at one place in the WordPress dashboard:
Visit frontend demo to see how the rooms look in the wild.
- Seasonal pricing – you can regulate the priced depending on any date/dates/season. For example, you want to rent out your apartment for $100 on the weekdays and charge $120 on the weekends. Just set the prices accordingly in the Seasons menu.
- Rates – you may set different rates (prices) for one accommodation type depending on extra benefits (e.g. a room with/ without breakfast included). Your guests will be able to choose the rate when reserving a room.
- Extra services – are you selling any extra service? A baby sitting, or, maybe the parking is paid? You may allow guests choose the needed services and pre-order them reserving an accommodation.
6. Custom booking rules – you may specify when the rooms are not available for booking, i.e. block rooms at specific dates/days.
7. Payments – you can charge your guests online via PayPal, 2Checkout, Braintree, Stripe, and Beanstream/Bambora (more coming soon). Alternatively, you may set the plugin for after-arrival payments.
8. Confirmation of reservations – you can confirm each reservation manually or automatically after the payment.
9. Email templates – customize and send your brand email notifications automatically.
10. The backend and frontend tools of the plugins are professionally translated into multiple languages (so far, there are Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Swedish, Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Chinese, Dutch, French, Arabic and German languages available). So, if you run a non-English website, there will be much less work with the plugin!
11. View and manage real bookings via Bookings menu (view them in a list or in a handy calendar view).
It’s worth mentioning that the plugin is in the process of regular updates and there are lots of things on the roadmap (for example, discounts, iCal synchronization, etc.)!
Update! discounts are already released! you can create discount coupons and rent out the accommodations with discount.
In a word, Oceanica WordPress theme is a very powerful solution for any hotel establishment, a complete solution for managing your online business, even without tech expertise. It’s a great solution for your independent hotel to gain access to a global travel audience!
Got any question or idea? Speak your mind, we are eager to hear your feedback!