Do you want to feature WordPress custom post types in Gutenberg dynamically? Then this Getwid Post Type Gutenberg block will come in handy. It’s truly hassle-free in adding and use.
Unlike other post-related Gutenberg blocks (Post Carousel block, Post Slider block), the Custom Post Type Gutenberg block by default can be displayed in either a grid or list layout allowing you to have all selected post types always visible.
This block will help you reinforce the way you feature pre-existing content by offering the flexibility of sorting and ordering elements, including or excluding posts. You’ll also have the freedom to completely alter the layout and content of the dynamically sourced posts.
Since the block is fully responsive, even the grid content will be restructured automatically on smaller screens to provide yet perfect user experience.
Purpose of the Custom Post Type Gutenberg Block
You can resort to this block in the following cases:
- Automate the process of featuring content sourced from custom post types.
- Display custom post types in a creative manner.
Post-related Getwid Blocks Video Tutorial
Watch the video guide on the Gutenberg sliders and other ways to present pre-existing content created with Getwid blocks for WordPress. The post-related blocks don’t stack up too much, but still each of them comes with unique features.
Features of the Custom Post Type Gutenberg Block
First of all, decide whether you’d like to go with a grid or list layout (quick layout change is possible through the inline block settings panel). Then go through the main settings of this block.
- Select the number of items to display and optionally turn on pagination.
- Configure specific settings of the chosen layout (the number of columns, spacing, etc.).
- Optionally change the default output template so that your custom post types will appear in an absolutely new way. You can start with such default patterns: classic (a featured image, a title, an excerpt, a button), image in the background, two columns, and custom background with the Section block functionalities.
Each template is supplied with numerous settings allowing you to alter individual elements in the block.
Please note that each of these templates has global settings across the website – the ones that affect all content blocks that are made with that particular custom template. So make sure to create and use different custom templates for different purposes.
- Using the “Sorting and filtering” menu, you can decide which posts/products or other custom post types exactly must be displayed, so you can exclude unneeded ones. Term relations (the logic of post exclusion) include sorting by IDs, taxonomies, tags, etc.
- Reduce the number of post meta data to make the block content more readable.
Download Getwid WordPress Multipurpose Gutenberg Theme
Getwid Base is the only Gutenberg-ready theme you’ll need for building content in the block-based editor. It primarily benefits the utmost compatibility and harmony of the design and functionality brought by Getwid blocks. The theme is free for download, so you can take it for a spin today.
Check out Getwid Demo
Download Getwid Gutenberg Blocks Free
Install Getwid Base Starter Theme for Gutenberg