The Recent Posts Gutenberg block by Getwid makes it easy to display automatically sourced blog posts on any website page. Once the block is added, the posts are updated dynamically when you publish a new one. The block allows you to display posts in grid or list layouts.
Thanks to plenty of options, it’s going to be easy to tailor the look and behavior of this content element and display recent posts in either minimal or rich format.
Default styling settings, such as font and colors, are as usually inherited from the WordPress theme activated on your website. Forget about workarounds and tinkering with the blocks!
Purpose of the Recent Posts Gutenberg Block
- Showcase posts dynamically on any dedicated website page.
- Display recent news on the front page.
- Improve the crosslinking of your posts by implementing the recent ones inside any blog post.
Features of the Recent Posts Gutenberg Block
The block is packed with the following options:
- Select a grid or list layout for your posts.
- Opt for a full (resizable) or wide (fixed) width website layout.
- Decide how many posts must be displayed on a page.
- Go with a grid or list layout.
- Select the number of columns if you choose grid.
- Select whether to display a post title and, if enabled, choose the heading size.
- Show or hide a featured image.
- Set the needed image size, e.g. large, full-size, thumbnails, etc.
- Show or hide the excerpt (a short summary or the beginning of a post).
- Show or hide a date, categories and the number of comments.
- The order of posts may be ascending or descending (based on the alphabet or oldest/newest posts).
- Optionally display posts only from a specific category.
- A full-width website layout is most suited to a grid view of the posts, especially if there are more than three columns.
- A shorter excerpt can improve the readability of your posts.
- Featured images of posts are usually more attention-grabbing than text, so disable featured images only in case it’s truly necessary.
Download the Free Official WordPress Gutenberg Theme for Getwid
Want to build your Gutenberg-optimized website with Getwid blocks? Then you should definitely give a try to the official Gutenberg Getwid Base theme. It already has all pre-designed blocks in place, so your customization workflow is going to be a breeze. Follow these links to learn more:
Check out Getwid Demo
Download Getwid Gutenberg Blocks Free
Install Getwid Base Starter Theme for Gutenberg