Food delivery apps are on the rise, so you have a chance to catch up by building your own grocery store website and selling food online. There is a good bunch of WordPress themes to help you with this task. Today we’re introducing Frutta Verde – the WordPress Grocery Store website template optimized for delivery and takeout services. The theme has it all to appeal to modern shoppers with a great design and fully satisfy their needs.
In WordPress, online grocery shopping and delivery options can be easily established through WooCommerce – the most chosen ecommerce solution used by over 1.5 million websites. This is exactly the solution Frutta Verde is powered by.
So which food delivery business model does the theme suit best?
The Grocery Store WordPress theme for food markets and caterers
Despite quite a precise name, Frutta Verde is a perfect solution for a wider range of businesses, from grocery markets to caterers. In particular, the theme will help build a profitable website for the following businesses:
- Fruit and vegetables shops
- Organic food markets
- Food catering companies
- Farmer’s markets
This Food delivery WordPress theme allows you to manage online orders, ship fruit and vegetables to different delivery zones, enable customers to pay online via popular payment gateways, see the total turnover, and do even more from a single dashboard.
Let’s briefly outline what this Food Delivery WordPress theme can help you achieve out of the box:
- Fully customize the look of your website.
- Add and manage the shop items along with their names, images, quantity, and prices.
- Manage shop categories, subcategories, brands, and coupons.
- Enable secure payment gateways.
- Maintain inventory and view sales reports.
- Deliver directly to customers throughout different delivery zones and states.
- Extend the theme with any WordPress food delivery plugins.
Let’s dig into details to see whether this grocery store online template for WordPress is suitable for your needs.
What WordPress plugins will you get with this grocery store WooCommerce theme?
Frutta Verde WordPress Grocery Store website template is not a melting pot of suspicious plugins, it comes with the dedicated pack of tools to help you build a scalable website:
- WooCommerce for all things eCommerce (plus, a few supporting WooCommerce addons).
- Getwid for flawless customization in the WordPress block editor.
- One Click Demo Data Import to make your website as gorgeous as a demo in a few clicks.
Get ready to see all of them in action!
Design and customization that won’t get on your nerves
Frutta Verde offers a fresh, lightweight design optimized for performance. The theme is jam-packed with features that will help you personalize it completely or stay with a more or less default design (up to you!).
In our themes, we are always into steering clear of overloaded customization tools; even though we want you to have control over each visual detail, it shouldn’t feel like you need to wrack your brain each time with the how-do-I-edit-this tasks.
The Frutta Verde WordPress grocery store website template relies on two key WordPress-native ways to build a site: WordPress Customizer for global settings and the core WordPress block editor (Gutenberg) accompanied by Getwid Blocks to do the rest. Both are visual customization experiences.
And that also means another massive deal: you are safe in the long term since we don’t lock you down with any non-native third-party customization builders.
One step at a time, you’ll figure out how it works and will create all the essential pages with a feeling of being fully guided through the process.
Global design settings (WordPress Customizer)
It’s common for a WordPress theme (at least for now, while Gutenberg is an ongoing project) to provide the Customizer environment for editing some key aspects of the website, such as colors, design identity, logos, etc.
Frutta Verde gives you the ability to modify the following things via the WordPress Customizer:
- The logo and colors
- 4 navigation menus (fully customizable)
- 7 widget zones (header and footer); here are footer zones:
- WooCommerce-specific settings (more on this later).
The eCommerce-oriented front page
You can notice right away how structured, clean-looking and fast the front page is. Let’s stop on a few defaults, but keep in mind that you can customize it your way.
The front page welcomes customers with a full-width hero slider (can be changed to anything – an image, video, etc.).
To quickly jump to a specific category, there is the showcase of shop categories (a WooCommerce shortcode) –
Another conversion-boosting element is a list of the best-selling products automatically sourced via the Products Carousel:
This block has multiple settings, including the ability to show products only form a specific category or by tags, include or exclude the needed ones:
The key store highlights section, which you can use for pretty much anything from stories to services, is built with the Image Box Getwid block. It also allows you to link the section to any page:
In the shop FAQ section, built with the Getwid Accordion block, you can easily update icons and headings:
Content marketing is king of promotion, so if you want to showcase some of the latest posts, there is a great Recent Posts block for this purpose:
Have you noticed that you can transform the default grid into a list layout or change the number of columns, decide on which post details to show, settle on the sorting options, etc.?
One of the coolest things of the Getwid plugin is the ability to integrate your Instagram with WordPress with just one block, which outputs your Instagram images in a live feed gallery:
Getwid for custom pages, without getting your hands dirty
The Gutenberg editor has offered the block-based website building approach, which is smooth and handy. With the Frutta Verde WordPress food delivery theme, you are getting even more blocks via Getwid WordPress blocks.
Powering 20+ thousands of WordPress websites so far, Getwid has become one of the most loved Gutenberg addons. It ships with a vast collection of 40+ multipurpose content blocks to significantly extend the Gutenberg customization possibilities for your WordPress food delivery website.
There are many blocks you can use to promote specific products / run promo campaigns and create essential pages.
- Banners with zooming animation effects and text containers (those can be videos and images).
You can create absolutely diverse looks!
- Outstanding sliders with buttons, media, text and fully customizable animation:
- Add countdown timers to create a sense of urgency:
- Showcase recent posts on any page in a grid or list layout:
- Build the full-fledged Contacts pages using Google Maps, Contact Form and other blocks by Getwid:
Furthermore, the in-built tools of some Getwid blocks allow you to change such crucial things as typography, colors, social media buttons, backgrounds, and more. A pretty decent toolchain!
eCommerce tools by WooCommerce
The WooCommerce functionality helps you offer customers the convenience of having all types of food and meals delivered right to their doorstep.
So what are the specifics of the Frutta Verde shop design and online food delivery options?
WooCommerce shop design
Via the visual WordPress Customizer, you can configure the following things of the shop layout:
- Show products, categories or both
- For the category page, choose whether to display subcategories or shop items
- Set the default sorting (by price, popularity, etc.)
- Select the number of products per row to show
- Select the number of columns for your shop
- Go with a grid or list layout:
For the product images, you can also define sizes so that each shop item is presented in style with others.
Major shop checkout settings can also be configure from the Customizer, in particular:
- Show or hide a company name
- State required fields
As I’ve already mentioned, Frutta Verde is packed with two extra free plugins:
- The WooCommerce Grid / List Toggle plugin to allow shoppers toggle between a grid and list shop layout for easier shop navigation:
- The Categories Images plugin to set a featured image for each category:
Default WooCommerce capabilities
If you are familiar with the WooCommerce setup process, you know that you’ll be fully guided on where to start, how to select payment gateways, how to set up taxes and fees, how to choose delivery zones, etc.
You are probably curious to know what you get out of the box as the default shopping features, so let’s list exactly them:
- Payment gateways you can enable without paid extensions: PayPal, cash on delivery, direct bank transfer, and check payments.
- Delivery options: deliver locally and abroad; flat rate, free shipping, and local pick-up delivery methods. Additionally, you can set free delivery for a specific order amount.
Thanks to great categorization, filtering, sorting and breadcrumb options, the shopping process will be fully streamlined for your customers! The Add to cart functionality is Ajax-based, so the products will be added to cart without page refreshing.
As you see, the theme can also be used as the WooCommerce food ordering system for a catering business.
- Product reviews are also offered as a default feature so you have a splendid chance to boost engagement and build trust with customers by displaying real reviews:
You might want to explore WooCommerce to learn all the details and how to employ more tools on your online storefront template!
The Frutta Verde Grocery Store Website Template is Made to Maximize Online Sales
Frutta Verde is an exceptional grocery store WordPress theme thanks to modern premium design and dedicated functionality. It’s made for grocery stores that need an eCommerce WordPress template focusing specifically on delivery services.
WooCommerce integrates the shipping functionality by default, but if you want to take it even further and adapt to your shop needs, there is an ecosystem of WooCommerce addons.
Last but not least, a performance-optimized, eco-friendly design will help you represent your food delivery store in the best manner, attaining the reputation of a local grocery expert.
*This theme is free for unlimited usage for all MotoPress Club members.