Table of Contents
The world of website creation is accessible to a person even without deep knowledge of programming. The time when you turned to a web development company to receive a well-designed website has passed. The WordPress CMS platform has a lot of themes you can set up without resorting to writing code. That’s why we will talk about the best WordPress themes for beginners.
WordPress gives you an exclusive opportunity to be engaged in the site-building process. Multipurpose WordPress themes simplify the task of constructing a site with different features included.
All WP templates help improve your website appearance. Anyway, we would like to draw your attention to the issue of WordPress themes being best for beginners. Just figure out what main features you are looking for in these templates.
It’s worth mentioning that there are some features that are essential for any good WordPress theme. They include:
- Responsive design;
- Fast performance and optimization for search engines;
- A set of customization tools;
- Compatibility with the required WordPress plugins;
- Regular updates;
- High rates and positive reviews,
and more features.
List of the Best Premium WordPress Themes for Beginners
If you are eager to get started with your website, let’s consider our collection and you’ll find out what WordPress themes are best for beginners in different fields!
Edme – WordPress Education Theme for Elementor
If you are going to arrange education services, then the Edme theme is perfect for you. This WordPress theme helps you solve scheduling issues with no programming skills required.
Whether you are a tutor or a tutoring center owner, Edme fits your main task of setting up an hourly appointments website. It is built with Elementor which lightens the process of adding and editing different widgets.
- Pre-made numerous pages: well-structured pages with highlighted categories promote faster website exploration.
- Instructors’ profiles with details: fill in ready profile pages with information about tutors, skills, or experience. Moreover, you can create individual schedules for them with breaks and buffer times.
- Online & Offline Services: while making appointments students are able to choose between classrooms and online platforms.
- Stratum & Appointment Booking plugin included: these tools will improve your website functionality and save money at the same time.
As one of the top-rated WordPress themes for beginners, Gutenix is a solution suitable for any modern website. It comes packed with a wide range of designs and templates. Moreover, it is optimized for 3 diverse WordPress builders making this theme a preferable choice even in comparison to FSE themes. With a vast range of features, this theme allows you to get started with the world’s leading CMS without any coding.
- 3+ pre-made page layouts: Gutenix provides diverse layouts that can be combined and easily edited to create a unique online presence.
- Optimized for performance: The theme and its multiple templates provide fast loading times and are lightweight to guarantee the best browsing experience for your customers.
- Diverse color & typography options: Any template included with Gutenix offers varied options for typography and color schemes to enhance the customization potential.
- Multiple layouts for a blog: The provided theme includes multiple blog layouts with various templates allowing you to choose how to present online publications to your readers and even customize your blog pages easily.
- Google Maps integration: If you need to showcase your office location, feel free to use and edit the Google Maps page section included with multiple Gutenix designs.
Total – Responsive Multipurpose WordPress Theme
Whether you’re launching a new blog or starting a business, Total is a great theme to use for your website. The theme offers built-in features that make building a website easy.
Total includes an extended version of the WPBakery page builder so you can create custom layouts with ease, or use one of 50+ ready-made demos and 90+ section templates to get started faster. But that’s not all – there are also hundreds of live Customizer settings, a custom font manager, tons of color options, and full compatibility with top plugins like WooCommerce, bbPress, WPML, and more.
- Responsive and mobile-ready theme: it adapts to any screen size;
- WPBakery page builder included: add and edit content with ease;
- Slider Revolution plugin included: use it to add beautiful sliders;
- Quick import sample demos and section templates: import demo data in a matter of clicks;
- Styled theme cards for post types and archives: they boost attractivity;
- Custom post types for portfolio, staff, and testimonials: choose the best types for your webpage;
- Translation and RTL ready: make the website accessible in different languages.
MinimalistBlogger – WordPress Theme for Bloggers
MinimalistBlogger is a great choice for WordPress beginners. The theme is developed for pro website builders, but it goes great for beginners. It is a responsive WordPress news theme made for bloggers and newspapers.
Why is MinimalistBlogger on our list: elegant look, minimalistic environmental look, fast loading time, allow widgets, and SEO friendly. You can try out it for free or unlock premium advanced features.
- Custom design: apply customization options to change colors, fonts & typography.
- Flexible header: you can customize the logo & text and modify the header image height.
- Elementor-ready: the theme comes compatible with the drag-and-drop Elementor page builder.
- Child themes available: with one of the premium plans, you get access to child themes.
Alpenhouse – Elementor Hotel Booking Theme
You won’t find a better theme for your rental property booking site than Alpenhouse. Its attractive design is an ideal choice for a website for different types of accommodations.
By using this WP theme, there is no need to spend much time learning how to add detailed information about your rentals or extra services as these premium features are provided by the WordPress Hotel Booking plugin that is built-in in the template.
Created with Elementor, Alpenhouse supplies you as a beginner with a collection of widgets and easy-to-understand page builder options. That’s why it’s on our list of the best WordPress themes for beginners.
- Synchronization ready: the data from your site and OTAs can be synchronized.
- Multiple payment methods: PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, or other methods added through WooCommerce.
- All-round flexibility: you decide about the booking and rate rules.
- Accurate pricing information: the customers must be informed about taxes & fees and available discounts.
- Pre-designed modules and blog templates: multipurpose modules and Elementor templates are customizable and effortless.
Frutta Verde – Grocery Shopping Template
Today people are ready to pay more for food at their doorway. Selecting the store from a list, they fix their eyes not only on the shop with the creative and bright website but also on the convenient delivery option.
Frutta Verde is a WordPress-featured template oriented on eye-catching websites for different food and hardware stores with delivery and takeaway services. This theme is created with Gutenberg, the native WordPress block editor. Its main benefit is a safe eCommerce system integrated with WooCommerce.
- Getwid blocks: 40+ distinctive WordPress blocks and design templates.
- Preferable color scheme: you can choose the colors for your website.
- Categories and filters: they are essential for quick navigation within your website.
- 1-click demo import: you just edit the content inside demo blocks.
- Grid or list menu: for the best products arrangement.
- Payment modes: Frutta Verde takes care of payment multifunctionality represented by PayPal, cash, direct bank transfer, and check payments.
Sitka – Blog WordPress Theme for Beginners
The blogging industry is developing at a breathtaking pace. It’s important to have a big social signal. That’s why WordPress falls into step with this process and offers you Sitka.
This modern theme is highlighted among the best WordPress themes for blog beginners without skills in code writing. There is no doubt that your blog must be eye-catching, full of relevant content, and well-organized regardless of its topic. Sitka takes responsibility for these demands.
- Blog, Post & Header Layouts: Sitka suggests 5 up-to-date post layouts with 3 formats, 8 unique blogs, and 3 functional header layouts with customizable options.
- Compatible with Gutenberg: perfect blog parts are built with a rich block editor
- Featured Area: select one of 7 impressive designs.
- Customizable color and typography: styling details change following your wishes.
- Custom widgets: 5 functional widgets strengthen your sidebar.
- WooCommerce ready: turn into reality the idea of online selling.
The Hanger – eCommerce WordPress Theme for Beginners
Let’s continue our talk about eCommerce. You’re not obliged to open a grocery store. It can be any goods that are in demand. But you are still a beginner in website development. WordPress created a great solution for you – The Hanger.
Integrated with WooCommerce, this WP theme delivers you all the necessary tools not to stand behind in the competition among online stores. You start quickly because you don’t practice coding skills, and you import data from the demo.
- Versatility and customization: color schemes, typography are of your choice.
- Rich menu elements: you can add multi-level lists, images, and icons.
- Categorization and filtering of products: these are convenient options in an eCommerce website.
- Different product layouts: it can be a product’s grid or list in multiple formats.
- Integration ready: Gutenberg block editor, WPBakery page builder.
- 100% responsive: the customers can log in to the website from any device.
Kalium – Best WordPress Themes for Beginners
It’s easy to jumpstart your website with the Kalium theme. Its ready-to-go templates cover different niches. For example, you’ll find demos for architects, lawyers, mental care professionals, travel agencies, etc.
Kalium offers you responsive and flexible layouts that can be displayed on any device. Additionally, the theme works with premium page builders.
- 15+ header styles: choose the style that is perfect for your webpage;
- Compatible with WooCommerce: you can integrate e-commerce features if needed;
- A beautiful portfolio: use this section to feature your best works & projects;
- Blog options: multiple post types are available with Kalium.
Monstroid2 – Multipurpose WordPress Elementor Theme
Monstroid2 is one more highly recommended theme on our list. Any beginner will be able to master it without much difficulty, and the unique design and versatility allow you to create a site of any purpose. The main reason is the Elementor base.
This popular WordPress plugin is the pathway to drag & drop builder, editing in real-time, and a rich set of pre-made templates. A few clicks lead you to the dream website.
- Up-to-date skins: 20+ modern skins are at your fingertips.
- Pre-designed blog and post layouts: this theme powers you with 50 unique blog layouts and 10 stylish post layouts.
- Header & footer constructor: let your website be accompanied by these artistic elements.
- Elements-full mega menu: Monstroid2 enhances the website with a menu containing images, portfolios, or products from the store.
- Revolution slider tool: visual effects make the website engaging.
- WooCommerce integration: transactions of your online store get available now.
Goya – Modern WooCommerce Theme
If your online store must showcase products, check out the Goya theme. It is best suited because of the WooCommerce templates. All payment processes are in safety. Additionally, you require no coding knowledge to manage its setting up on all devices. That’s the reason why it is called one of the best WordPress themes for beginners.
Thanks to this premium theme’s minimalist and neutral design, you can sell different categories of products in the store. In the first instance, fashion and home decoration products. With Goya, you’ll benefit from fully customizable options and integration with WPBakery Page Builder and Slider Revolution plugins.
- Well-built store elements: enrich your website with cart, wish list, or filters in 3 available positions.
- Flexible style: customers’ first impression depends on the product style, so choose the best one. Decide about the gallery whether it’s zoom, slider, grid, or scrolling.
- Rich segments library: you can select from well-designed layouts and site segments.
- Easy & quick navigation: attractive and uncomplicated header and navigation styles will help you increase sales.
Ozark – Minimal Portfolio WordPress Theme
Ozark is also singled out as the best WordPress theme for beginners. Its main task is a unique portfolio for creative professionals. This theme is packed with many tools and ready pages & demos making your website stunning.
The high quality of images and photos displayed is among the important advantages this theme promises. After installing you can enjoy easy work on the website without writing a code.
- Elementor support: with the help of this free WP plugin and its drag & drop builder, page creating becomes trouble-free.
- Set of customizable options: change different elements of the website and adjust them to your needs.
- Fully responsive: Ozark offers 3 display modes.
- Plugins friendly: it is supported by WooCommerce which is responsible for eCommerce and by Slider Revolution, allowing you to add modern animation effects.
- Multilingualism: segments of the theme are ready to be translated.
- Fonts diversity: 800+ Google fonts are available.
Wavo – Creative Portfolio & Agency Theme
Wavo as the WordPress best theme for beginners is within reach after a few clicks of demo import. Many positive feedbacks prove it to be the high-rated theme for topic-oriented portfolios and agency pages.
The design quality and customer support speak for themselves. Thanks to Elementor Page Builder, fast editing with 40+ widgets and their easy customization make your website win in many aspects. It can be one page or multipage.
- Pre-designed pages: Wavo is the source of 70+ ready page templates.
- Header builder: you have an opportunity to style the header as you wish.
- Optimized for mobile devices: the theme adjusts to any screen size.
- Flexible typography options: an unlimited number of Google Webfonts are available.
- WooCommerce compatibility: organize the selling process effortlessly.
- Integration with plugins: Contact Form 7, WPML, Gravity Forms, Slider Revolution.
Metro – Minimal WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Metro is a minimalist theme that will be focused on the products you sell in your online shop. It is so simple in setting up that even a beginner without technical knowledge can cope with this task.
Your visitors can enjoy the benefits of the theme on any device as it is fully responsive. Take care of the general outlook of the store page using the features of Metro. Afterward, the sales will increase and customers will have a good purchasing experience.
- Package of ready-to-install elements: 11 home pages, 6 shop pages, 7 product pages, and 6 header styles will greatly save you time since you can install them after a 1-click demo import.
- Limitless colors: choose the color scheme you like most.
- Powerful support & cost-effectiveness from WooCommerce: WooCommerce Variation Swatches Pro and WooCommerce Variation Images Gallery Pro premium plugins are included.
- Integration ready: maintenance from Dokan Multivendor intensifies your website with a withdrawal system for vendors.
Ashade – Photography WordPress Theme
If you want to demonstrate your works as a photographer and create an impressive portfolio or any kind of showcase, then the Ashade theme is the best solution for you. This premium WordPress theme in Dark Mode attracts visitors’ attention and skillfully helps present images.
After a one-click demo import, you become a developer of your own website. Don’t be afraid of lines of code as you mustn’t write them. This minimal WordPress theme is designated for beginners and is easy to use.
- Collection of Elementor widgets: your website will be in a winning position with e.g. Before & After, Info card, or Circle progress bar addons by Elementor.
- Gallery layouts: choose one of three variants that is the best for your images: Grid gallery, Masonry, or Adjusted Grid gallery.
- Client proofing page: it makes it easy for your customers to choose and order their favorite photos.
WooCommerce base: all payment services of your online business are under control.
- Mobile friendly: the website elements will be shown to advantage on all kinds of devices.
Digiqole – News Magazine WordPress Theme
Master of information, master of situation! But where do we find most of the information nowadays? Of course, from online news portals. The Digiqole theme is an effective WP tool on the path of their creation.
WordPress created this stunning theme with Elementor Page Builder and 12 original and feature-rich home demos for a flawless news magazine website. It is also ready for WooCommerce support and responsive on any device. You get a fast and optimized website, and WordPress gets a high rate/feedback from you.
- Dual-mode: you can choose between classic Light and modern Dark modes.
- Pre-made category & post layouts: 6 layouts allow you to find the best suited for you.
- Elementor news blocks: get 20+ available blocks, namely Slider, Video Tab, Tab News, and News list.
- Progress bar: you can easily add it on the post top.
- Ads sections: unlimited number of ads can be published on the website.
- Customizable widgets: Latest Post, Ads Image, Post Gallery, Social Button.
Manon – Portfolio & Agency Theme
You undoubtedly want your website to be on the top and your work results to be the most outstanding. If so, Manon is one of the best WordPress themes for beginners in the creative industry. Your works will be displayed as a stylish portfolio.
The page can be created with the help of either Elementor or WPBakery Page Builder. Both of them are easy to use for beginners, just choose the preferred one. So, demonstrate your best works or agency with this WordPress template!
- Collection of portfolio & blog layouts: customizable layouts make your website fashionable to the full extent.
- Set of inner pages: creative structural pages complete the positive impression of the website.
- Flexible header styles: Standard, Minimal, Vertical, and Vertical – Right styles are easy to access.
- Multiple shortcodes: Manon packs with 15+ shortcodes such as Portfolio Slider, Portfolio List shortcode, or Portfolio Project Info.
- Animation & pagination: these options transform usual images into interactive portfolio projects.
Squaretype – Modern Blog WordPress Theme
The main focus of the website must be on the content, but not on the images. Then WordPress offers you the Squaretype theme. With this theme, you can develop a good-looking post with no images. Its Dark mode can even increase the visitors’ concentration. This theme is key to the success of your blog.
You receive 9 ready demos after one-click installation. You can go further and create your own based on them. All home page elements, including background options, sidebar section, typography, colors, and header style depend on your choice.
- Different styles of the post: your content can be placed either in a note or in a long-read. Each of them requires an appropriate layout.
- The best eCommerce plugin support: it refers to WooCommerce, of course.
- Blocks from Gutenberg: 50+ blocks will structurize your blog.
- Social networks integration: update the website with share buttons and social networks widgets.
The Issue – Versatile Magazine WordPress Theme
Is your website aimed at demonstrating a unique magazine? The highly recommended premium WordPress theme, in this case, is the Issue. The setup process won’t take a lot of time, and the interface is user-friendly. Therefore, it is recognized as the WordPress best theme for beginners.
Import everything this theme offers, e.g. demos, home pages, sections, header styles, and more with a single click. Also, it has the support of the WooCommerce plugin which is great for your online shop. Pick stylish article details to make your article exclusive.
- Best magazine post: post layout can vary depending on the elements you choose from 50+ offered. Don’t forget about pagination and column grid.
- Custom widgets: the Issue collection includes Posts, Social Links, Instagram & Twitter, Video Posts, etc. widgets.
- Archive variations: 7 stylish layouts with customizable icons and modes are in hand.
- Typography selection: the theme options are adjustable to your liking.
5 Best Free WordPress Themes for Beginners
Getwid Base – Free Gutenberg Theme
Let us introduce Getwid Base – the best free WordPress theme for beginners. This Gutenberg WordPress theme gives you access to the collection of 40+ WordPress blocks such as Gallery, Testimonials, Pricing Tables, and many others.
With Getwid Base, the purpose of your website doesn’t matter as you will find the necessary tools for multiple cases. Any content section is ready for installation with a click. These elements are lightweight and easy to use. Thus, they simplify work for beginners.
- Customization-ready color schemes: WordPress Customizer helps you in the color altering process dealing with the header, background, buttons, and other elements.
- Ready for accessibility: this theme takes care of people with disabilities by providing translation into screen readers and speech recognition software.
- Fully flexible footer options: with Getwid Base, your website will have a nice-looking footer.
- Rich templates library: instead of manual creation of the pages and sections you are provided with automatically downloading templates.
Albatross – Free Hotel Elementor Theme
Your hotel website definitely needs a skillful and stylish theme with many features included. Hence, WordPress has something to offer you. The Albatross theme, as the best WordPress theme for beginners, is meant.
This theme has a powerful basement represented by the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin used for rental property business and the Elementor plugin, the leading page builder for WordPress. Save your time while building your hotel or vacation rental website without hassle and coding skills. Meanwhile, visitors will have a great booking experience.
- Support from the Hotel Booking plugin: use it for the online booking system on your website and its management.
- Spectacular front page: the first impression can be completed with a media-rich footer & header sections.
- Focus on properties: display accommodation properties in a list or spotlight view with or without a sidebar.
- Stratum – Elementor widgets plugin strengths: test customizable extra widgets, e. g. image gallery, maps, etc.
- Deeply customizable colors: change the colors of the website or of the particular elements you think may fit.
Emmet Lite – Free Multipurpose WordPress Theme
The list of best free WP themes for beginners includes also the Emmet Lite theme. And that’s not just a coincidence. Now you mustn’t begin your website from scratch. After a quick and simple setup, you will experience a one-page nifty design.
Your business website will benefit from the default color scheme. It is possible to change it in separate sections as well. Multiple animation effects improve the interactivity on the page. WordPress customizer implements all editings of the website elements in real time.
- Library of pre-built page templates: just put into action one of the offered layouts.
- Multiple customizable sections: Emmet Lite supplies you with hero content, features, call-to-action, team, and more editing-ready sections.
- Portfolio layout: demonstrate your work through photos and inscriptions.
- Visualized header: insert an image into the header to make it stunning.
- WooCommerce compatible: start your online store with a professional plugin.
OceanWP – Free WordPress Multipurpose Theme
Does your website need a simple and lightweight theme? It can be enhanced by the OceanWP theme. The template is multipurpose, i. e. suitable for any type of website. Undoubtedly, its tools and features will become essential for a top website.
You are free in many aspects connected with a website design even if your tech skills are on a beginner level. It is ready to work with the Elementor page builder. This feature extremely facilitates the editing process.
- Flexible header & footer options: apply preferable styles and layouts.
- Support from the WooCommerce plugin: you can build an online shop if you want.
- 100% responsive: your menu is visible on all kinds of devices.
- Translation ready: make your website accessible in many languages.
- Multiple page builders integration: Beaver Builder, Brizy, Visual Composer, Divi, SiteOrigin, etc.
Shapely – One Page WordPress Theme for Beginners
Shapely is another full-packaged theme in the list of the best themes for WordPress beginners that you can get for free. Your one-page website will have a pixel-perfect design and numerous functions for the visitors and you as a developer. This very layout is best suited for business websites or landing pages.
After use of this theme, you are not likely to switch to another. Your attention will be captured by customizable options and handy homepage widgets. Enjoy your website development requiring no coding.
- Customization-ready: WordPress Customizer is the way to alter some essential elements.
- Unlimited color schemes: change colors at any moment.
- Mobile-friendly: your website looks amazing on any device.
- Integrated WooCommerce: get support for your online business included for free.
- WordPress plugins support: Jetpack, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, Yoast SEO, and more.
So, if you are a beginner in website development, WordPress will take care of this task instead of you. With hope, this list of free & premium best WordPress themes for beginners will make your way easier and your experience will be stunning. Pay attention to the main features specified and choose the best suited for your website purpose.
Disclosure: this article may contain affiliate links for third-party products. If you click a link and later make a purchase, we may earn an affiliate commission that doesn’t result in additional charges to you.