Accommodation Total Capacity

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

First, there is option to disable ‘Children’ parameter at settings of Hotel Booking plugin. Enabling this option Adults parameter is re-named into ‘Guests’ automatically.
    Second, by adding Rates I mean to add New Rate (not season pricing to the same rate). By adding few rates the guest will be able to select a proper rate manually depending on his capacity.
    The information about selected rate is visible in Booking (back-end) and can be sent in email.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I have children turned off, a max occupancy of a room set to 6 people and different rates for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 guests (price is higher depending on how many people are in the room). The problem now is that on the booking details page, the price initially comes up as the price for 6 guests. For me what would solve this is to either have the 1 person price shown until they choose more guests than that from the dropdown OR not have the Price Breakdown show at all until they select the number of guest. Is there a way to do either of these things?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Lauren,

Your case differs from those described above in this topic. As far as I see you do not have different prices for Children and your prices are added for Guests.
    It means you can add single Rate where you would add variations for Adults (Adults parameter is used as Guests when Children parameter is disabled).
    So the the variable pricing would be applied automatically depending on amount of Guests selected.

As for order of Rates so you may change it by adding Order for each rate under Post Attributes

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chris Smith
    Participant

Hi,

I am glad to say that your suggestion did work for me. However it’s only really a workaround.

It would not be practical use your method if you had a bunkhouse that slept say 15 guests as there would be way too many combinations and the selector boxes would make the page ridiculously long.

It would be better if you made that a drop down selector instead of a check box.

Chris

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I am not clear as to where you would suggest I set the order. I have added a “Triple Room” and set capacity to 6. Under Rates I have added a Rate for “Triple Room”, turned on Variable Pricing and added additional rates for 1,2,3,4 and 5 adults (the price for 6 comes up at the top and is greyed out).

When I go to booking confirmation the page loads with the price already set to the 6 person rate even though number of guests has not been selected yet. I need it to load showing the price for 1 person (i.e. the lowest price) and to increment UP once someone selects a number of guests greater than 1, they are booking for.

Chris Smith
    Participant

Hi Lauren,

Is this what you are looking to achieve?

http://www.ragleth.net/asb/

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Chris Smith.
    Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

This is a little awkward to me because you have to choose the number of guests from the dropdown and also choose the breakdown of those guests (which I do not need because I am not charging differently for children. Ideally what I want is for the price breakdown to have either have a 0 rate or the 1 adult rate to start and then when you use the Guests drop down have it change.

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I guess the only issue I am really having is that the price breakdown always starts with the highest price because it is showing the price for max guests …. regardless of the number of guests selected during search. I have turned off the “guest #” during search and the price breakdown still shows price for max guests. Is there any way to have it start with the base price? i.e. 1 guest? that would probably solve everything for me. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your explanation. There is applied the Base Price on the booking confirmation page. As you indicated price of 6 guests as a base price (the price for 6 comes up at the top and is greyed out) it is displayed be default.
    So in order to show price for 1 guest you need to edit your rate and change base price to the lowest one. And do not forget to add variable pricing for 6 guests.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I am completely lost.
    I added an accommodation type for a triple room and entered the capacity for this room type as 6 guests.

My rates need to be as follows:
    1 Adult: 160
    2 Adults: 160
    3 Adults: 160
    4 Adults: 185
    5 Adults: 210
    6 Adults: 235

I go to rates, add a rate for “Triple Room”. The first row for the 2019 season shows Adults 6 and is greyed out, I cannot change this.

If I set the price per night to $235, enable variable pricing and add rows for 1,2,3,4,5 adults with rates as above, when the user gets to booking details the price breakdown shows 6 guests / $235 per night until they select from Guests* dropdown.

If I set this to $160 and add rows for 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 adults with rates as above it still shows the initial price breakdown as 6 guests at $235/night.

I cannot see where else I can change the base rate. If I change the room capacity to 1 guest to get the lowest rate to show up first then I cannot choose to have 2-6 guests in this room.

I need the price breakdown to show the base rate for 1 guest until the # of guests is chosen from the dropdown but it is ALWAYS initially set to 6 guests when I land on on the Booking Details page.

What am I doing wrong??

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I am receiving replies in my email to this but not here and I do not see the screenshot you are referencing.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Laueren,

We have replicated the case you have described and added a request to our list of features to show the lowest price on the booking confirmation page. As a workaround you may add custom text to notify your visitors that they should select proper amount of guests to see proper pricing.

We will notify you when we get any news on this request.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

Just putting another vote in for a “total occupancy” feature. We have a vacation rental that sleeps 8 people and want to charge different rates for adults and children. But with a total occupancy of 8 there are way too many different options to list separately. So for us it really is a flaw in the plugin.

It would also be great to have a feature that automatically tacks on an additional guest fee after the base occupancy has been reached instead of having to build it out in the rates table.

Thanks,

Chrissy

Kevin Harwood
    Participant

+1 for the request by Lauren Schwartz. The “Prices start at” price should ALWAYS display as the base price (the price for the lowest number of occupants in the variations) unless a visitor has already selected an exact number of occupants. That is the entire purpose of a statement like “Prices start at” – to entice people with the lowest possible rate for the room. Showing people the max occupancy rate is useless for anyone who isn’t planning on booking the room at max occupancy. It may also discourage those people from booking.

– Justin Roodman

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin, Justin and Chrissy,

Thank you for your votes – both requests have been noted.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.