Accommodation Total Capacity

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi,

Since a recent update, the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin displays the base price of a rate if no capacity has been selected yet on the checkout page. Make sure to update the plugin to its latest version (3.5.0) to use this and other new features.

Kathy Rasmussens
    Participant

I am also having the exact same issue. I have two major issues with this plugin. I want to show the rate for double occupancy – not the single rate and not the max person rate.
    So fo a room that takes 6 max i have a rate for 1,2,3,4,5,&6 guests and I want to display the rate for 2 people for each type of accommodation.
    The crazy part iss I tried to stop it from displaying altogether with this code and it still displays!

.mphb-regular-price {
    display: none;
    }

The other issue I have and I see it’s covered so adding my vote for this in the future – the ability to change Accommodation type when duplicating rates. That would have saved me a TON of time setting this up.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

1. You may set up double occupancy price as base rate for the property and then add variable pricing if it is needed.

2. We’ve added your request to our list of features. Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi, we are happy to announce about release of new Hotel Booking 3.6.1 version where we have added the ability to select the accommodation type while duplicating rates. We notify you as you requested this feature. Here are the other improvements added with 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 versions: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#release-notes

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are working on implementing Total Capacity feature and would like to know your view on its output.
    So there would be a new capacity parameter next to Adults and Children – Total Capacity. This would let you indicate total amount of guests that property can host e.g.

Total Capacity: 3
    Adults: 3
    Children: 2

By this configuration the property can host 3 adults and 0 children, 2 adults and 1 child, 1 adult and 2 children, 1 adult and 1 child and 1 adult.

Here is a screenshot of how it may look on the front-end https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynup32t8c8u6atq/Screenshot_2019-12-18-total-capacity.png?dl=0

Could you share your opinion whether the output would be clear to your visitors and guests or you see it in the different way? We’d appreciate if you share your screenshots or mock-ups if you have other suggestions.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
    J. Davis

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

First, thanks so much for working on this. It will be a huge improvement.

I think it’s a little overwhelming to provide 3 lines of capacity information. Maybe others have different needs, but we’re best served by just listing max capacity and saying if children are allowed or not in our description. I could see someone skimming the current configuration, missing the total capacity line, and then not understand why they can’t book for 5.

Other sites say “3 Guests” or “Sleeps 3”. “Total Capacity” sounds a bit technical.

Again, I’m really happy that you’re providing this feature and can’t wait for the update.

Chris Smith
    Participant

I’m with Chrissy on this. Keep it as simple as possible.

3 Guests or Sleeps 3 is ample.

Kris Kjerrumgaard
    Participant

I’m looking for this exact feature. When do you think it will be implemented?

Andy Ward
    Participant

I share the views of the other two correspondents. We rent our places on a per accommodation basis and not on a per person basis. It is immaterial as to whether people are adults or children with regard to the price.

We rent out villas and it is the total capacity that is relevant.

So, a “Sleeps 3” type solution with details of the beds in the description would be fine.

BUT the search should allow you to select a >= not just an = so if someone needs 6 people accommodated then have an option to include those that do 7,8, 9 and so on. OR at least have that as the default.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just released Total Capacity feature in Hotel Booking v. 3.7.2

• Added the ability to set any number of adults or children at checkout so that in total it meets the limit of manually set accommodation capacity.

If you own a license of Hotel Booking you may get this version now. Hotel Booking plugin integrated in themes will be updated later with next theme release.

Thank you everyone for participation.

best regards,
    J. Davis

paulo santos
    Participant

I have this issue preventing the site from going live.

When will be theme released or how can i get the new version ?.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Paulo,

It looks like you got a plugin as a part of Villagio theme. You may wait till the plugin is updated in the next version of Villagio theme or purchase license of Hotel Booking plugin and get latest version right now.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Aron Martinez
    Participant

Hi,

I am having the same issue as reported previously in this ticket (see reply #787233), which is suppposed to be already solved since version 3.5 (I am using version 3.7.1).

My situation is as follows: I have triple rooms which can also be booked at a reduced rate by only 2 guests. In the rates I have the “base rate” for 3 guests (the number of guests is greyed out and not editable) and I added a variable price for two guests with the lower rate.

Before a number of guests is selected and also in the overview list of the rooms, the higher price for 3 guests is always displayed, but the lowest price should be shown (given that the text states “Price starting at: …”).

Can you please tell me how to properly display the lowest rate for all rooms?

I am also encountering the following, related issue: the triple room should not be bookable by a single guest (only prices for 3 guests and 2 guests are provided), but the room is still showing up if a search for a single guest is performed, and problem is that the price displayed is the higher one for 3 guests (not the lower one for 2 guests). In a previous ticket you already told me that a “minimum occupancy” is not available (even if this is very confusing for the clients, even more irritating for the hotel owner, and at the end an optional “minimum ocupancy” field would be a useful enhancement and a very appreciated addition), but at least the lowest possible price should be displayed in this case, and not the higher one.

Thank you in advance for your support.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Aron,

Thank you for your question. By default, there is displayed the Base Price when no capacity is selected http://prntscr.com/s8qcqr
    You just need edit this Base Price to show the lower price http://prntscr.com/s8qltw
    to displayit at property listing and on the checkout page when capacity is not indicated.

Let me know if it is helpful.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Lorincz Hoppy
    Participant

I am using the Luviana theme, is there a way I can turn on the Total Capacity feature, as it seems not implemented yet in the bundled plugin? I am desperately needing it (actually I thought it’s in, when I bought the theme).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.