Accommodation Total Capacity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Debora Silvestri
    Participant

Hi i have purchased this plugin for a customer’s website.
    I am having some trouble with accomodation capacity.
    Is there a way to set a total room capacity???

For example, a triple room has 3 beds, it could be booked for:

3 adults
    2 adults + 1 children
    1 adult + 2 childrens

But if i set Max occupancy for adults=3 and for children=2 the room comes bookable also if i choose 3 adults and 2 children …

the total capacity should calculate adults + children..

hope i explained myself well

how can I resolve this????

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Debora,

Thanks for your question. Please try this solution described in this topic
    Let me know if you need our assistance with this.

best regards,
    John

Debora Silvestri
    Participant

Hi john, i would like not to hide the child field, because i need the hotel owner to know if there are are children in the room

Debora Silvestri
    Participant

I have some skills in coding.
    In which file could I add a rule to make this

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Debora,

1. Thank you for your reply. You can ask your guests to specify the quantity of Adults and Children in the ‘Notes’ box of the Checkout Form re-naming Notes into ‘Please specify the amount of adults and children’. You can do this by editing translation of the Hotel booking plugin.

2. I’m sorry but could you specify what exactly you’d like to make? Could you describe how exactly you you want it to work? Thank you

best regards,
    John

Mohamed Mokhtar
    Participant

Hello there,

How did you solve this problem Debora?

I am sure she meant that when a user books a for 2 adults and 2 children
    Only a triple room should appear as this is the only room eligible for two children

However it should appear in the search results of 3 adults and
    3 adults+1 child
    2adults + 2 children
    And not be able to accept reservation in 1 triple room if the reservation consists of 3 adults and 2 children

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for your question. As a rule Children capacity depends on bed types available in this room type. If there are 1 bed for Children and 3 beds for Adults then its max capacity is 3 adults and 1 Child. Could you clarify how it is possible to accommodate 2 children if there is 1 child type of bed in this room type?
    If you have such exceptions you can try to describe it in the description of the room type or discuss each case with your customers.

best regards,
    John

Mohamed Mokhtar
    Participant

Hello John, if you imagine a case like a mother with her two children under 12
    How will she book a room if not only it’s the triple room
    1 adult, 2 children
    Or even 2 adults and 2 children total 4
    Triple room can take 4

Do you understand where I am coming from ? Put yourself in that mother or father scenario please, thanks

Mohamed Mokhtar
    Participant

It should appear in the search results 1 triple room for
    3 adults
    Or 3 adults+1 child
    Or 2adults + 2 children

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your explanation. I understand this situation as I just tried to explain that capacity is formed depending on static bed types usually. When there is dynamic capacity of adults and Children we recommended to merge Children and Adults field into ‘Guests’ by hiding ‘Children’ parameter and re-naming ‘Adults’ one. And in order to provide a different pricing for Children you can add few different Rates for your Triple Room so your guests will select needed one on the checkout.
    Thus your guests will be able to select 4 guests while booking the room and on the checkout they will select among Rates like:

• 2 Adults + 2 Children Rate – 360
    • 3 Adults + 1 Child Rate – 450

You will be able to display available rates on the page of this room type to let your guests see available pricing.

best regards,
    John

Chris Smith
    Participant

I am having exactly the same problem as Deborah.

This appears to be a fundamental flaw with the plugin.

1) For my hostel I need separate prices for adults and children.
    2) The maximum capacity of a room is 4.
    3) This could be 4 adults @ £20 per night or 4 children @ £10 per night.
    4) Despite setting up every different combination of guest in the variable rates, the room can now be booked for 4 adults AND 4 children.

What is the answer please?

Julian Sergeant
    Participant

I agree also, the booking should allow a combination of adults or children or guests but it should not allow the total amount of guests to be greater than the room TOTAL occupancy.

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I am having the same issue and I would agree that this is a fundamental flaw in the plugin. Right now if I set capacity to 2 adults, 2 children I mean OR, not AND. The capacity of the room is 2 TOTAL, not 4 TOTAL.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Chris,

It looks like you missed the point to merge Adults and Children into Guests. Then total capacity is 4 Guests. And you may add more than 1 Rate to each accommodation type for different guest variations as I described at this reply of the same topic.

We will review the possibility to make dynamic/total capacity and update this topic when we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chris Smith
    Participant

I made different (variable) rates for every possible combination of guests, eg:

4 adults, 0 children
    3 adults, 1 children
    2 adults, 2 children
    1 adult, 3 children
    etc etc

However if I merge adults and children and modify the language file to show “Guests”, there is no option to specify how many adults and how many children, when the customer is booking.

Or am I missing something?

Regards
    Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.