Occupancy numbers adults and children

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Watts
    Participant

Hi.

Just starting out with this plugin and trying to figure out the easiest way to deal with this scenario.

We have chalets, they are two bedroom with different bed configurations. For example Chalet one can sleep 5 people, this could be 2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults or 1 adult and 1 child etc, whats the most efficient way of allowing this to be searched or would I need to create a new accomodation type for each option? e.g.
    Type 1 – 2 adults 3 kids
    Type 2 – 2 adults 2 kids
    Type 3 – 2 adults 1 kids
    etc etc.

Your advice is appreciated.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

It is not good idea to create few accommodation types for the same bedroom as it would be difficult to control availability. In this case it would be better to hide parameter ‘Children’ and edit translation of ‘Adults’ to something general like ‘Guests’ or ‘Persons’. At the moment you can do that by placing code below to style.css file of Child Theme (or Appearance>Customize Additional CSS)

.mphb_sc_search-children,
    .mphb_widget_search-children,
    .mphb-room-type-children-capacity,
    .mphb-check-children-date-wrapper{
        display:none !important;
    }

Later will add an option to hide children in easier way.
    In order to edit Translation of ‘Adults’ parameter you can try using Loco Translate, Poedit plugins.

Best regards,
    John

Stephanie Watts
    Participant

Hi.

Was able hide children, but after editing the template file using Loco translate i cant see that it changed anything on the site. obviously doing something wrong.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

You need to edit language file that is used at your WordPress. Thus if your WordPress is in English you need to edit English translation but not the template.
    Please try to edit template file and naming Adults back again. Then go to edit language file and change its translation.

Best regards,
    John

Stephanie Watts
    Participant

That would be easy if there was an English file

Stephanie Watts
    Participant

Made one myself

Naomi Tagini
    Participant

Hello,
    I am following this thread because I have the same problem, I have been able to hide the parameter ‘children’ but I don’t understand how to change the parameter ‘Adults’ in ‘Guests’.

Can somebody help?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Naomi,

You can edit translation of Adults by editing language file of Hotel Booking plugin. You can try using third party plugin Loco Translate for editing translation right in your dashboard.

Do not hesitate to email us if you need our assistance.

best regards,
    John

Naomi Tagini
    Participant

Hi John,
    I did install the Loco Translate plugin and was able to make the changes and save the content and the system says the .pot file has been updated but still I cannot see the new text in the page.
    Note I did not create a new translation file but just update some words in the existing one.

Is there a specific procedure to be followed to publish the new text?

Regards
    Naomi

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Naomi,

Please try to refer to steps described in this topic. Let me know if it helps.

best regards,
    John

Naomi Tagini
    Participant

Hi John,
    I followed step by step what it’s said in the link, but the change from adult to guest doesn’t show online. I don’t understand where I do wrong.

Best,
    Naomi

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Naomi,

Could you specify the language of your WordPress site? Is English (United States) or some other?
    You can also submit a request for us. We’ll guide you through with screenshots.

best regards,
    John

Stephanie Watts
    Participant

Could I get the name of the children variable that shows up under the price brakdown on the checkout page so i can add it to the hidden list if possible. Thanks!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

I’m sorry I’m not quite sure I got your question correctly. Could you clarify it more detailed providing examples?

best regards,
    John

Terrence Wood
    Participant

Any update on getting this into an updated version of the booking plugin so we don’t have to jump through the hoops above to fix this issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.