Display Weeklong Availability

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 days, 5 hours ago by Amelia Sandberg.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amelia Sandberg
    Participant

We are unique in that we only allow weeklong stays (Saturday to Saturday) for all of our accommodations. We have setup our booking rules to only allow check ins and check outs only on Saturdays. However, when these rules are applied, Sunday through Friday display as “unavailable” and to potential customers looks like the full week is booked. The image below is for one of our accommodations that is open for the week of August 10th-17th, but it looks like only August 10th is “free”

Booking Calendar

Is there a way to change the calendar settings so that either the full week shows as available (i.e. the user would select the week of August 10th-17th) or to show all dates as available but display a pop-up notification when a user violates our booking rules (e.g. “You must select a reservation that begins on a Saturday and ends on a Saturday)?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Amelia,
    The date is blocked in the calendar for the guest to select proper check-in and check-out dates. You can use CSS style to apply a custom design to the dates and describe the legend in the description area of the accommodation type or simply add an explanation that check-in and check-out are possible on Saturdays only.

Amelia Sandberg
    Participant

Hi, thank you for the response.

I do understand why the dates are blocked out. We do already have a note on our website that explains it, but we have had a lot of feedback stating that it is confusing and they don’t see the note and unfortunately this solution does not seem to fit our needs.

What I am hoping to do is to have it be easier for a user to see that the week is available. There are a few options I think could work:

1) If a user selects a non-Saturday day an error message occurs/the user is directed to a page that says “You must select a Saturday check in and a Saturday check out”
    2) The full week is one “button” to select. I.e. a user would select “Week of August 10th” as a calendar option.
    3) The full week is shown as available, but it a user selects a non-Saturday check in/out the search defaults to Saturday

Is there a way to change the “blocked” calendar color scheme? I tried using the CSS tools as you mentioned for the “available” days, but when I select to change the colors nothing changes. I’ve saved the changes, restarted my browser, and tried different browser options but the original color remains.

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Amelia,
    Thanks for your thoughts. None of the options you mentioned are possible with the default settings. Could you please provide a URL to your site where I can view the calendar and provide you with an example of CSS code? Thanks.

Amelia Sandberg
    Participant

Hi J, thanks for the response!

The best way to see the “issue” we’re dealing with is to go to one of our accommodations pages and try to view the “Summer” availability (anytime after May 25th). Here is an example -> https://idlewildresort.com/accommodation/cabin-8/

If you look at this accommodation in June, you currently see June 1st and June 8th as available for check in, which is correct. However, June 2-7th, and 9th-14th are all grayed out/look like they are “booked.”

Please note that the Spring (Prior to May 25th) and Fall (After August 17th) calendars are “fine” as-is since we allow 3 night stays during those timeframes. Those calendars display properly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.