Number of Guests First Shown In Price Breakdown

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Number of Guests First Shown In Price Breakdown

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott Kasprick
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to have the number of guests in the price breakdown to start at “1” until the Guests selection is made at the top of the Booking Details page?

Currently the price in the breakdown shows the base price but shows the maximum “6” in the guests row until they select their number of guests at the top. Guests looking to eventually book to maximum capacity will jump to the conclusion they are seeing maximum capacity as the base price, which right now incorrectly appears to be 6 guests for $299/night, when that price is actually for the first four guests and 6 guests is $339/night + cleaning once they use the dropdown to select the number of guests.

In short, how do I show 1 guest in price breakdown before they select the number of guests in the guests dropdown?

Thanks!
    Scott

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,
    Since one of the next updates, there will be an option to transfer the number of adults and children from the search form to the checkout page so it will display a proper price according to the selected capacity.

Scott Kasprick
    Participant

The site I’m working on only has six properties – not every selection of property will be made using the search filter, so even with the update, some may get to the booking page without the number of guests entered to arrive at the booking page.

Why is it easier to have the site remember how many guests were searched as opposed to simply allowing site owners to enter a default number of guests in the admin for the booking page like so many other settings? I think the default being the maximum number of guests as opposed to the minimum number of guests is a sign the devs don’t understand the buyer’s mindset and how it will turn off customers.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback. We have a request in our list of features for this too. We will notify you if we have any news.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.