Invoice number missing on invoice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BuenVivir Casa
    Participant

The invoices generated by the addon do not display an invoice number, although this is a legal requirement in many countries. In contrast to the booking numbers invoice numbers need to be sequential.

Without support for an invoice number the addon is useless for us.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. As I’ve noted in another topic this option has not been released yet. I’ve added your upvote to this task. Could you please provide a link with an official statement were are described the requirements for invoice sequential numbering in your country? This will help us to fulfill this request correctly. Thanks.

best regards,
    John Davis

BuenVivir Casa
    Participant

The legal requirements for Germany are in the Umsatzsteuergesetz: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ustg_1980/__14.html

(4) Eine Rechnung muss folgende Angaben enthalten:

eine fortlaufende Nummer mit einer oder mehreren Zahlenreihen, die zur Identifizierung der Rechnung vom Rechnungsaussteller einmalig vergeben wird (Rechnungsnummer),

Translation:
    4. An invoice shall contain the following information:

a sequential number with one or more series of numbers, which is assigned once by the issuer of the invoice to identify the invoice (invoice number),

Please also see https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/2234 where the same issue is covered for WooCommerce.

BuenVivir Casa
    Participant

An advanced way to implement this feature including configuration options can be seen at https://easydigitaldownloads.com/downloads/advanced-sequential-order-numbers/

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Yes, I am following your concerns regarding invoice requirements in Germany, however, there are also the following points in the law:

In order to avoid the appearance of having only just started in business I do not want to start at Invoice no.1 and would prefer to commence with, say, Invoice no 1135. Is this allowed?

Yes, as long as the invoice series runs consecutively from that point.

What if there is a break in sequence, for example where I cancel an invoice or it is spoiled and never issued to a customer?

As long as you retain the cancelled or spoiled invoice in your accounting records, or you can provide an explanation for the break in sequence, this is acceptable.

The plugin is successfully used by other German, so I believe these requirements are not that strict considering points I have provided above.
    Anyway, we will still consider the sequential numbering option.

Regards,
    Andre

Maria Istrate
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same issue – the invoice number is missing completely 🙂

Have you managed to find a solution?

Thank you!

BuenVivir Casa
    Participant

As far as I know there is no solution provided by Motopress so far.

Andreas Olbricht
    Participant

Hey, we need the invoice number too on that invoices. Can we change the pdf by code?

Greetings from Germany
    Andy

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,
    I’ve added your upvote to the task.
    It is possible to override the following file /mphb-invoices/templates/invoice_template.html You can check if you can customize on your own for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.