Table of Contents
The main arm of the writer is text, but it must stand out to get the readers engaged with your website, but not another. That’s why you have to enforce WordPress themes for authors. Their features are aimed at introducing your content interactively and originally so that it can be noticed by a target audience.
In this collection, you will find the best WordPress themes for writers & publishers that we handpicked among premium and free author web templates. The level of your programming skills doesn’t matter as all of them are easy to use and require little time to set up. Dig deep into the list and find the best solution!
Best WordPress Themes For Writers Premium Gathered in One List
Let’s begin with the premium WordPress themes for authors which are developed according to the latest demands in the market. They are notable for the wider range of user-friendly features, more advanced design, and a higher level of security.
Contentberg – Content & Blog WordPress Theme
Our collection of the best WordPress themes for authors begins with the Contentberg theme allowing you to successfully build a readership. Decent design won’t distract the readers from the content completing a good impression instead.
Each of the unique demos offers you a remarkable layout so you won’t make a mistake choosing one of them. Importantly, the template comes with different article styles. They cover centered, full width, classic with sidebar, with overlay, and more styles.
- Integration with the native editor: with Gutenberg, you can add, remove or edit easy-to-use blocks and build the website without difficulty
- Fashionable sliders library: stunning sliders improve the visual effects of the website
- Set of the header variations: try out the logo above/below the nav or centered to it
Edme – WordPress Theme for Elementor
Edme is the next theme in our well-thought WordPress themes for writers list since it is a deeply customizable and modern author website template. The Elementor base allows you to insert all the editings in real-time within clicks. Moreover, you get a collection of extra useful widgets for Elementor and save your money at the same time thanks to the Stratum integration.
It should be noted that this template comes bundled with the Appointment Booking plugin. So you can schedule, for example, online or offline meetings with your readers to introduce your last works. In case it is offline they will appreciate the opportunity to get acquainted with the writer live in person and ask you some questions. Otherwise, start your course called, e. g. “How to write your best work ever?”.
- Easy installation process: the developers made their best so that you cope with the demo import quickly
- Pre-made pages: you don’t waste your time on developing particular pages as Edme is crafted with some ready ones
- Detailed profiles: tell about yourself everything you wish in a separate field mentioning links to your accounts on social media
- Optimized for mobile devices: readers can view your works on all screen sizes
Gutentype – WordPress Theme for Modern Blog
The work with the Gutenberg page builder and its multisided support are the key features of one of the best WordPress blog themes for writers, the Gutentype theme. Adorable blocks become crucial in the simple & fast content organization.
An interesting text written by you complies perfectly with the clean and modern design of the multiple readymade pages (including dark mode Elementor editor skin) and 6+ header styles. Thanks to the responsive design, readers can enjoy the blog on any device.
- One-click installation: get the demo you like most in clicks
- Intuitive interface: put into force broad customization options of the elements collection and adjust the color scheme
- WooCommerce integration: this feature allows you to start selling right now
Journo – Creative Magazine & Blog Theme
The elegant design of the Journo demos won’t leave you and website visitors indifferent. The dynamic navigation area is sure to surprise the users with an eye-catching header style.
It is a great opportunity to share your texts placing them in a collection of original post layouts. Eminently, they can be created by combining stylish elements. WPBakery page builders and drag & drop editor help cover this task with no hassle.
- Adaptive display: pages look perfect on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices
- Chance for online-store: WooCommerce plugin is a simple way to sell items
- Customizable colors and typography: make the website look you’ve always wanted
- Advanced social integration: add share buttons, a newsletter pop-up, or feed widgets to be in contact with the audience
Billey – Creative Author Web Template
Certainly, the visitors will appreciate the reading experience of a website created with Billey. This one of the best premium WordPress themes for writers is a good starting point for those who want to ingeniously spread the word.
It is amazing to choose from 20+ trending homepage templates and construct a website with Elementor and Slider Revolution page builders from scratch. Besides, start the online shop based on the WooCommerce plugin.
- Imaginative layouts: present the blog in one of 9+ unique layouts
- Collection of fashionable elements: embellish the site with Font Awesome icons, 600+ Google fonts, Lazy Load, infinite scrolling, etc.
- Set of widgets: Billey offers you 39+ custom widgets
- Responsive design: interface displays on all devices
Auteur – WordPress Theme for Authors and Publishers
WordPress made extra effort to create Auter so that it is called one of the best WordPress themes for freelance writers. The outstanding design of 4+ homepages focuses readers’ attention on the works and keeps them absorbed into the website built with a drag and drop editor from the WPBakery page builder.
It is an easy-to-install WP theme that is ready to be displayed on any device. Built-in mega menus and beautiful custom icons inserted advance the site navigation area. Compatibility with WooCommerce gives you a chance to start an online store.
- Pre-built headers: captivate readers’ glances with one of the 8+ headers available
- Manageable typography: you can alter the family, size, weight, and style of more than 800+ impressive Google Fonts
- 1-click import: begin writing and publishing the content after a few clicks only
Anymag – One of The Best WordPress Blog Themes for Writers
Make a marvelous performance of a site filled with authors’ recordings through Anymag remaining one the best themes for writers WordPress developed. You can put in the spotlight your works with the help of the dazzling demos imported in one click.
The theme works for all devices making the website perfectly visible on mobiles, desktops, and tablets. Anymag has full WooCommerce support in case you wish to sell things through your website.
- Compatibility with the most used WP plugins: the list includes Elementor page builder, Gutenberg editor, Mailchimp, Contact Form 7
- A plenitude of genres: the topic you write on doesn’t matter as you will find the appropriate design for the most widespread ones
- Controlled typography: the toolkit consists of 900+ customizable Google fonts
- A rich widgets collection: About Me, Latest Posts, Social Links, Image, and more widgets expand the functions of your website
Uppercase – WordPress Theme for Book Authors
Uppercase is one of the best WordPress themes for writers working with 6+ exquisite pre-built demos installed in one click. Its prominent and intuitive features make the website a free space for authors. Notably, you can turn the dark mode on with a smart toggle button thus creating a special vibe for the content.
Clean and elegant design goes along with the easy-to-set-up features and multiple post layouts. The simple and responsive outlook is combined with high-tech solutions.
- Visual effects: make the content striking with subtle animations
- Autoload next post: it fastens the process of reading and increases the time visitors stay on the website
- Customizable color scheme & fonts: take control over these options to accommodate the design to your preferences
- Advanced navigation: this area is enriched with a sticky menu & sidebar or a hamburger menu (for mobile devices)
Veen – Minimal & Lightweight Blog for WordPress
Your website will work with lightning speed if you use Veen involving 10 ravishing demos. This item in the WordPress themes for speakers and authors collection takes little space on the disk and with each of the demos, the content is displayed as best as possible.
The ultra-modern & light design is targeted at a simple yet bright delivery of your texts to the readers. The collection of 11 widgets and an advanced customization-ready options panel make the website development process easier.
- 5 post formats: showcase the content through a standard post, image, video, gallery, or audio
- Translation-ready: Veen provides the translation into the English and Spanish languages
- Sections for adverts: you can display it below the header, before and after post content
- Lazy Load option: apply it for lists, post content, or embed
- 100% responsive: check the page view on any device
Monstroid2 – Multipurpose Modular WordPress Elementor Theme
When it comes to a multipurpose WP theme, obviously covering the needs of a writer too, then Monstroid2 might occur in the forefront of your mind. It is a high-quality and lightweight product becoming a responsive solution for your website.
After clicking the Magic Button, you get 1K+ ready-made sections and pre-designed pages leading your website to the top results. Elementor page builder provides you with real-time editing opportunities, an easy-to-use drag & drop constructor, and a header & footer builder to work with.
- Flexible options: you can play with fonts, size, colors, and other great kinds of stuff
- Support for eCommerce: be ready for the online store with the WooCommerce plugin inclusion
- Multiple plugins integrated: Monstroid2 is compatible with the Contact Form 7, Akismet Anti-Spam, and Slider Revolution 6 plugins
- JetPlugins benefits: demonstrate the content in fashion with 40+ modules, a plentiful library of beautiful templates, a rich mega menu, and creative visual effects
Hazel – Clean Minimalist Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
Hazel is an excellent multipurpose WordPress option for writers looking for a minimalist way to share the texts. The work with this one of the best themes for writers on WordPress results in a website with a clean and responsive design of one of the 80+ page builder templates.
The fully responsive layout displays on all screens, from mobile devices to desktops. The 100% integration with WooCommerce broadens the horizons for eCommerce.
- 12 modern yet sleek demos: with toggling between light and dark modes, you choose between classic and more dramatic designs
- 320+ sliders included: they give a completely different appearance to your website
- Unlimited customization options: they embrace unlimited colors, 1000+ Google Fonts, and tons of admin panel options
The List of Free Best WordPress Themes for Writers
If you’re looking for free solutions for your website, then apply to our collection of free WordPress themes for authors. There are some differences between free and premium templates, but you can build a professional website with any of them.
Getwid Base – Free Gutenberg Theme
Getwid Base as a free multipurpose WordPress Gutenberg theme becomes a need of the moment for the writers who are dedicated to a modern website created within seconds. This template is built with the native Gutenberg blocks that distinguish it from many other WordPress themes for authors. In addition, you will work with 40+ content blocks from the native editor including Image Hotspot, Gallery, Testimonials, Pricing Tables, Advanced Heading, and many others.
- Rapid import: you can download the demo with one click and without hassle
- Deeply customizable elements: Getwid Base is designed with simplicity in mind and a wide range of customization options for the blocks, and color schemes for buttons, text, background, etc.
- Intuitive header & footer: these elements are completely flexible, and you can change them in real-time
- Rich library of the page layouts: the template is packed with pre-made Contact us, Services pages, hero and sub-hero sections, and more
Artwork Lite – Free WordPress Theme for Creatives
Artwork Lite is one more good answer to your question about the best WordPress themes for writers with big headers. It solves the issue of an artistic website for the creatives. The abundance of page layouts and their modern elements makes your content unique and distinguishes text, style, and fonts from other websites. Feel free to install it with a single click and get the WooCommerce-ready WP template.
- Creative post formats: display your content in a gallery, image, link, video, and more post types depending on the purpose your published project has
- Ready page layouts: your website will be perfect with a well-crafted and fast-loading front page, standard and archive pages
- Social integration: Artwork Lite allows you to complement your site with social media icons or links
The Writers Blog – Author Website Template for WordPress
With another representative of the free WordPress themes for authors called The Writers Blog, the writers and publishers get a perfect chance to align the content on various themes. The versatile and simple design with an alluring color scheme emphasizes the texts, but not the images. It is fully responsive and retina-ready.
- Image slider: it is a good tool to keep the readers engaged and display the brightest moments
- Social media icons: social media integration is an integral part of communication with the audience and the growth of the website/blog social coverage
- Custom logo: you can experiment with the logo styling details
SEO Writers Blogily – Free WordPress Author Web Template
SEO Writers Blogily is a child theme of Writers Blogily included in the list of the free WordPress themes for book authors. To improve the readability of the published content, you can add an eye-catching background image. Furthermore, your site can feature a custom logo and a stunning title you set up in the options.
- Advanced customization level in color options: you take control over the color of header background, background image, title text, and navigation text
- Hiding effects: title, navigation text, featured images on posts can be hidden not to distract the readers from the main part – text
- 100% responsive design: the layout of the website aligns on mobile devices, tablets, and desktops
Writers Blogily – One of The Themes for Authors WordPress
Let’s come closer to the key features of the Writers Blogily theme mentioned above. The fast work with this one of the WordPress themes for writers ensures that you get clean and SEO-optimized content you will publish without skills in code writing. Try the design on all kinds of devices and you will see that it is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Unique background: it can be enhanced with an engaging image, or its color can be altered
- Sophisticated navigation area: add text of a chosen color there, or completely hide this section
- Custom title: along with the color, you can set up the hiding effect for the site title
- SEO-friendly: the website developed is fully optimized for SEO
Simple Press – Free WordPress Theme for Book Authors
We recommend you also take a look at the Simple Press theme fitting perfectly for authors and bloggers. With this user-friendly template, you can start the website from there and not worry about many things to do. As the name of the theme suggests, your work is simplified due in large part to the powerful options, pre-built page layouts, and responsive design.
- Multiple layouts: Simple Press comprises such blog layouts as grid view, masonry view, and list view. As for single-page layouts, choose from posts with/without sidebar and with/without thumbnail
- Custom logo: you can manage its color and other options
- Vivid color scheme: change the primary color or colorize the background
- Integration with social media: this WP theme provides in-built social sharing and a useful Instagram widget
Occasio – Free WordPress Theme for Writers
Occasio is one of the author web templates assisting you to develop an online space for publishing the written content on various interesting themes. The homepage is surely to get the readers pleased. The provided Customizer allows you to insert any changes connected with the website appearance you wish within a few clicks of your mouse.
- Layouts library: choose among the modern page templates and get the features included
- Responsive design: the website is visible on all screens
- Custom widgets: these tools boost and facilitate the website development experience
- Easy translation: Occasio can be translated into any language
If you are a writer and searching tools for a website made for writing, the decision about the best WordPress themes for writers might seem complicated. Expectantly, the list of free and premium themes we selected carefully will guide you to the correct way out.
Each of these WordPress themes for authors allows you to tailor the website to your needs and that’s great. Explore the info and start writing the content!