Sync Bookings to Google Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    David Nute
    Participant

I have 3 existing Google calendars (with existing event dates on them) which I now want to sync with my NEW Hotel Bookings website > 3 accommodation types (currently with no booking dates as site is not live yet), but I can’t see where I add the Sync, Import and Export Calendars > Export link URL on Google?

Please can you tell where I go to on my existing Google calendars to add this link and make it happen?

Also, are there any permissions I need to be aware of and add on Google so that my Hotels Booking plugin and Google Calendars talk to each other?

Thanks in advance

David

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello David,

We can provide you with instructions on how to sync Hotel Booking calendars with OTAs’ ones appropriately. Here is a useful guide.
    As for syncing Google Calendar, we’ve found this article on the Internet.

Please, note:
    1 Other booking platforms may not accept the link if there is no booking in the link. In this way, you should add at least 1 booking of the accommodation in Hotel Booking and import the link again on other booking platforms.
    2. Make sure that your site is not in the maintenance mode before exporting our links to other booking platforms.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

David Nute
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Mary and it was very useful to know about the ‘Maintenance Mode’ I didn’t know that, but none of this actually addresses the core question, which I’m struggling to find an answer:

“Please can you tell where I go to on my existing Google calendars to add my Hotel Bookings Accommodation Export link?” …Because I can’t for the life of me, find how or where to add this link?

And neither of the 2 links you pointed me to actually address this.

Thanks again in advance.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello David,

You are welcome!
    As for your question about where to paste iCal links in Google Calendar, I’ve replied that we cannot guide on where to paste ical links in OTAs, we can provide with appropriate instructions for our plugin (Hotel Booking) only.
    However, as for syncing OTAs (like Hotel Booking) with Google Calendar, we’ve found an article on the Internet and shared a link.
    In case that article did not help you, here is another one.
    If this article did not help either, it would be better to contact support of Google Calendar in order to find out appropriate instructions from developers.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

David Nute
    Participant

I totally understand where you’re coming from, but that article link was exactly what I have spent hours and hours searching for with no success. And with this link, it only took me 2 minutes to do successfully.

Thank you so much for your help Mary, this is fabulous support.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad the second article helped.
    Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions in the future.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.