Sync Bookings to Google Calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Is it possible to sync customer bookings on our website to our Google Calendar?

I’ve gone through the documentation and am still not clear on if this is possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Yes, you can go to Google Calendar find Add Calendar box and click on 3 dots next to it to add calendar from URL.

best regards,
    J. Davis

[email protected]
    Participant

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

I added the calendar’s URL to Google Calendar like you suggested, but when that accommodation is booked, the Google Calendar isn’t updated with the new booking.

I’m using the export URL for the accommodation. Is that what I should be using?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

[email protected]
    Participant

Another note: Using the accommodation’s Export URL, Google Calendar shows all past bookings, but new bookings aren’t added to the calendar.

I’m really hoping there is a way to make it automatically add new bookings.

Thanks again!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your question. It looks like it may take from 12 to 48 hours for Goggle Calendar to update the changes from iCal URL. Could you check your calendar now? Are there new bookings imported?

best regards,
    J. Davis

[email protected]
    Participant

It looks like you are correct about that. It took about a day for the event to sync with Google Calendar. Thanks for the info!

Mark Williams
    Participant

Does anyone know how the cron is fired for this.
    I can see it’s designed to run daily, but it’s not in WordPress’s cron list.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Mark, Could you clarify your issue more detailed?

Mark Williams
    Participant

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

My calendar isn’t syncing with Google. I’m not sure there is a daily cron job (script) running which will update the external calendar. I’m trying to run it manually, but can’t find the command to run.

Thanks
    Mark

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Ical is an independent process. It is not possible to create a cron job within our plugin that will force Google Calendar to download bookings from our plugin. Google Calendar has its own schedule and decides when to download the bookings. Just make sure that you imported our ical links into your google calendar and that the links are accessible (e.g. no maintenance mode on the website). If Google Calendar still does not download the bookings, then, please, create a support ticket for further assistance.

Mark Williams
    Participant

Done.
    Thank you for your help 🙂

DARIO CIRIMINNA
    Participant

Hello, i’m trying to do this but Google seems to not sync nothing… i’ve created new google calendar from url and put url https://www.XXXXXX/?feed=mphb.ics&accommodation_id=1073 for example, but nothing appear on google.
    If i download file all the accomodation is correctly filled but one result in an empty file with just :

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    PRODID:-//XXXXXX.com//Hotel Booking 3.7.0
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    END:VCALENDAR

and yes, there are bookings for that

Please help me it’s very urgent!
    Thanks
    Dario

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi Dario,

Please, pay attention to the fact that Google Calendar imports booking from external iCal links once a day (it may take from 12 to 24 hours).
    Actually, this time depends rather on OTA that imports bookings. For comparison, our plugin downloads calendars from the connected platforms and updates the availability on your website minimum every 15 minutes automatically. External platforms download calendars from our
    plugin independently, according to their own schedules. In this way, Google Calendar imports bookings once in 12 hours.

best regards,
    M. Evans

Blacksun Design
    Participant

I find that ours doesn’t sync either. I haven’t waited a full 12 or 24 hours yet, but I am wondering – should I be worried if, when I enter https://(our-domain).com/wp/?feed=mphb.ics&accommodation_id=818 into am address bar, I get a 404 error?

I also get an error when I attempt to subscribe to the calendar in Apple Calendar through that URL: “There was an error subscribing to the calendar – A calendar wasn’t found on https://(our-domain).com/wp/?feed=mphb.ics&accommodation_id=818. Check the URL.”

Just wondering – if the bookings for an accommodation just create a feed that Google reads from – can we get around Google’s somewhat large delay, by using alternative calendar desktop apps that will update more frequently? We’re just looking for a way to see bookings at a glance for staff who aren’t logged in. If so, is there a recommended app on the Mac or the PC?

Thanks,

Steve

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Blacksun Design.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Yes, that is wrong behavior when ical url displays 404 error page. When you follow ical link it should suggest to save ICS file where are stored all bookings of certain accommodation in ical format. Please check if there is not enabled under construction mode or some other redirection for logged out users?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.