Show prices with tax

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Guara
    Participant

I’d like to show the final price (VAT included) on my site but still consider the taxes when showing the details of the price.

Is there a way for that?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Guara,

There is no option for to include taxes in pricing. It is applied on booking confirmation page only.
    As a workaround you may recalculate and add prices including taxes and notify guests that taxes are included in the pricing. But in this case taxes will not be displayed in price breakdown.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Karin Sleking
    Participant

To me that is also not working well. Located in Europe people want transparency and not be surprised with 20% of extra costs on taxes and booking fees after finding you on the map or through a search engine.
    If I would use one price on the site and then notify them that there are taxes and fees included, how would you send the automatic confirmation emails? Write them all manually to make/add a price breakdown for every booking? That takes away the benefits of using this booking system, doesn’t it?
    I really hope that you guys can create a better solution for this, like how Booking.com shows you the honest price. It’s a sensitive subject here in Europe to not be honest and clear with your pricing upfront.

best regards,
    Karin

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Karin,

For now, it is only possible to display the base price of an accommodation type. Nevertheless, we’ve added your requests to display the price with taxes and fees before Checkout page, to our feature requests list.
    In case anybody else needs this functionality, feel free to leave your upvotes here. We will notify you when the request gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Karin Sleking
    Participant

Hello Mary,
    Thanks for your reply. I have read that before on the forum so hopefully my vote for this helps a bit.
    In the meanwhile I still need to show people the tax and booking fee before making a payment. Is it possible to have the coupon code activated permanently to deduct the ‘extra costs’ automatically?
    Maybe there’s another solution?
    I hope that you guys can help me further because part from this limitation the system seems to work well and I am happy with the design of the theme.
    Best Regards,
    Karin

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Karen,

When guests make a booking, for now, it is possible to display the added taxes/fees only in the Price Breakdown list on the Checkout page.
    Prices on Search Results or accommodation types pages display only the base price.
    As a variant, you may add a message to the content part of a page that prices are displayed without taxes, for a guest to expect that final price will include 20% taxes.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Karin Sleking
    Participant

Yes I got that. But is it possible to add a coupon code on default on all accommodation types? That’s how I would like to solve it.
    Thanks for your time!

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Karin,

The only type of coupons that can be added, can be created under your dashboard > Bookings > Coupons. When creating a discount coupon, you can specify the amount (in percents or fixed), accommodation types for this coupon to be applied to, and other options.
    When the coupon is created, do not forget to enable its use in Accommodation > Settings.
    In this way, the Coupon field will appear on the Checkout page and your guests will be able to get a discount by entering the coupon code.
    However, I am not sure if this can be a solution to the requested feature.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Sebastian Ferstl
    Participant

Hi there,

Also I would find it very very important that it is possible to display the final prices including taxes. It would be very good if you could simply enter the final price per accommodation and service and the respective tax percentage would be displayed in the checkout.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your feedback. We will add it to the feature requests list for the plugin developers’ consideration.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Sebastian Stöhr
    Participant

hello, i am also using your plugin for a project that will start soon. I am also faced with the problem that I need a price list at the end. However then my prices will appear without sales tax. Unfortunately, this is not legally certain in Germany.

Greetings Sebastian

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Sebastian,

Please, note that at the Checkout page, there is the Price Breakdown list that displays the full price as soon as the number of guests is entered and all the needed (paid) services are selected.
    Let me know if there is any misunderstanding.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Sebastian Stöhr
    Participant

The problem is that I also need the price on the accommodation overview as a price with tax! But I also need the listing at the end. Unfortunately, neither works. In Germany, the offer price including tax must be specified.

Michal Popelka
    Participant

Hello, I also need prices with VAT. It is necessary to state prices with VAT due to legislation.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Sebastian and Michal,

Thank you for your feedbacks. We’ve added your upvotes for the requested feature and will contact you as soon as it is released.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.