Show prices with tax

• This topic has 122 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Harold Tabbert
    Participant

Would be good to see this feature.

Caroline Claassen
    Participant

How far are you guys on this? We need this as well – and quickly!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

We are expecting to see this feature in the next Hotel Booking update, so stay tuned 😉

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello everyone!

I am delighted to let you know that we have just released an update for the Hotel Booking plugin v. 3.9.8 with the possibility to display taxes and fees included in the booking price. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version, navigate to Bookings ->Taxes & Fees tab and make sure to tick the “Include” option for each tax/fee you would like to be included in the booking total price: https://prnt.sc/16l5pq5.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback about this new feature. Let me know if it matches your expectations and what you would change/add to the feature.

Regards,
    Andre

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

There you go Andre! Very good 😀

Motopress is officially ready for the European Union market!

Sebastian Ferstl
    Participant

Hi Andre,

That’s a great news! Thank you for that.

Questions:

If I turn on the “Include” option, then the tax is deducted from the room rate. How must the prices be entered so that the taxes are also correctly displayed included in the price?

In the room overview it now says “+Taxes and fees” in brackets, but in the individual view it says “including Taxes and fees”. Can this be consistent? Or better yet, that in brackets it says “including …% Tax” or similar?

Best,
    Sebastian

Robert
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I have updated to the latest version. I have a £100 refundable security deposit set up as a fee so that it adds to the final amount when customers pay. Now when someone does a search it shows the cost of the accommodation and the (+£100 taxes and fees) note. I don’t want to call it that as it suggests that it is not refundable. Is there a way to change what it says? I’d like it to say (+£100 refundable deposit). I’ve tried to use loco translate to translate it but can’t find the right field.

Please let me know as at the moment I think it will put people off booking if they think there is £100 of taxes/fees to pay.

Cheers,
    Rob

Andre Flores

Hello Sebastian,

Tax, which is included in the price, is not deducted from the accommodation rate. If your accommodation is $100 per night and you have 20% VAT included in the price, the final price will be $120. If you want the price to be $100 per night including tax, you will need to reduce the rate to $83.3333, so it is $100 in total.

As for the text, you may alter it using Loco Translate, so it is the same everywhere or the one you like the most.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

You should click “Sync” button while editing the language in question in Loco Translate: https://prnt.sc/17flvg4. Once it is done, text will appear in the strings list.

Regards,
    Andre

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

Andre,

If this is the case then you haven’t payed attention to us. In the EU the price towards customers is always shown including VAT.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for this Andre. When I do a search for “Taxes” in Loco Translate (Hotel Booking plug-in, English (UK) language) I do not get the source text options that are in your image link. Is there somewhere else I need to search for this source text?

Robert
    Participant

Hi Andre – I figured it out (didn’t realise I had to press Sync first!). Thank you for your help as ever – this is great.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

According to EU law your Customers should be able to see the price including VAT before they proceed with the payment/checkout. When your guests view your accommodations listing they see that the price will also include some taxes/fees if booking certain accommodation. Once they check availability for specific dates, they will see the price including all the taxes/fees you have chosen to include in the plugin settings, e.g. VAT.
    If you check some of the most popular booking platforms, e.g. Booking.com, AirBnB etc. you will find out the same functionality is used by them in regards of displaying prices and fees/taxes.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

Thank you for letting me know, I am glad you were able to resolve the issue 🙂

Regards,
    Andre

Roel van de Mortel
    Participant

This topic has started in the summer of 2020 and I still don’t see a solution, or am I missing something?

The solution given by LarryM works, but it stops my page from recalculating after filling in the amount of guests. Price is dependent on the amount of guests, so this is crucial.

Is any one working on the possibility to fill in rates with tax? Instead of rates excl. tax, and have the tax added?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.