Show prices with tax

• This topic has 122 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you all for your feedback, it is indeed mush appreciated.
    I am following your concerns and understand your point.
    It is completely untrue that MotoPress is not interested in European market, as we sell our products worldwide, so every country/region/Customer are important for us.

It should be mentioned that any feature we include in the Hotel Booking plugin update is requested by our users – the most wanted features first, the less wanted – second. So one can not say that we ignore our Customers’ needs and just sell our product as is. Below you will find a list of features requested by MotoPress users recently, which has been implemented in previous plugin updates:

– Added the ability to edit existing bookings: you can now update check-in and check-out dates, rates, services, etc., as well as add, replace, or remove accommodations in the original bookings.
    – Added the ability to set the number of days prior to the check-in date applicable for applying deposits.
    – Added the ability to display price, adults and children fields in the search form when the direct booking option from the accommodation page is enabled.
    – Added support for Hotel Booking PDF Invoices addon.
    – Added the ability to set the Booking Buffer option.
    – Added the ability to set Advance Reservation: the minimum number of days allowed before booking and the maximum number of days available for future bookings.
    – Added the ability to resend the confirmation email for a booking.
    – Added the ability to create internal notes for a booking visible for site admins only.
    – Added a new color for the external bookings in the Bookings calendar.
    – Added the ability to sort accommodations by price in the accommodations listing.

Currently our developers are working on Earnings/sales reports feature, which will be implemented in the plugin dashboard soon.
    I will do my best to push current feature request for development right after Earnings/sales reports one.

Thank you for comprehension.

Regards,
    Andre

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Thank for you outlining your features. There is only a slight difference. All the things that you are mentioning are “nice-to-have”.

However the feature we are asking for is a Must-have to comply with the legal standards for merchants within the European union.

A European merchant could get fined into bankruptcy for not complying.

So with all due respect: we do not comprehend.

Karin Sleking
    Participant

Goodday,

Last year I have been asking for help on this matter. Many people are awaiting a solution but nothing happens. I bought Motopress because of the European examples on the website, it seems like a good fit for what I need. I do not understand why it is still being sold like that. I have not extended the license and will not use your services anymore.

Thanks for the trouble!

LarryM
    Participant

Hi Andre, perhaps this is something I can help your developers with to speed it along a little? I added a final tax to the price breakdown in all of about 15 minutes. I would say it would take me maximum a half day to add all the additional menu options, add to the report and test etc.
    Screenshot of taxes on front-end
    Screenshot of taxes on back-end

I would just make my own MotoPress extension for this, issue is there are no hooks in the price breakdown code (booking-view.php) so it will get messy or I need to make changes directly in to plugin code which gets overwritten every update. It would help everyone if I can help your developers integrate the update in a future version.

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

paraphrasing my previous post “Sorry officer, I don’t have a license, because I thought it was more important to repaint the car and add these fancy new rims than it was to get a license”

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

Andre,

LarryM is reaching out his hand. Are you going to take it?

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you all for your feedback. I will make sure to pass this information for further consideration to our developers. They might start developing this once the current feature they are working on is implemented to the plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

Great Andre.

We have also done some experimental testing from our end just as LarryM did, we concur with him. This feature shouldn´t take long at all to develop.

What we need are two things

1. Show prices including tax under each property (so it doesn´t come as an up calculated surprise for the guest at the very last step of the checkout process, guests get angry)

2. In the confirmation / customer receipt show a price breakdown with tax (as LarryM showed in his example)

Bartek Sobieszczuk
    Participant

Hi Andre & team – it looks like the solution has been written already – I know there is a bunch of work in the testing, but would be great to get this one pushed through before another 3-6 months go by.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I have contacted our developers and the request is already in progress, so we should see this feature added to the Hotel Booking plugin soon 🙂

Regards,
    Andre

Tremendly Tremendly
    Participant

Excellent Andre!

Florian Hollatz
    Participant

That is great news Andre!!

Stephane Roy
    Participant

this is obvious that your Motopress software need to be update relate to the taxes.
    I do not Undertstand why you exchange so much talk about this. Certain people like me ada to get a custom line to be add in the code to work.

You tech should be able to add that easy….Why it take so much time to adapt to the world. We are in 2021…Time to update quick your software.
    We are able to go to mars…But your plugin is not up date to the reality of today,s need

Andre Flores

Hello Stephane,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.
    Unfortunately, this is not a matter of just adding a line of code to the plugin. Implemented feature should be fully-functional, nice-looking to provide the best user experience and do not cause any conflicts with other plugin options. It takes time to develop a complete feature, implement it to the plugin and test it, so everything is in tact.

Regards,
    Andre

Stephane Roy
    Participant

Just do something about it… it is obvious it need to be up date.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.