MPHB Flexslider does not display images with WordPress 5.5 lazy load

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking MPHB Flexslider does not display images with WordPress 5.5 lazy load

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Ince
    Participant

Users should be aware that lazy loading of images (new, default behavior in WordPress 5.5) stops the image gallery from displaying in the MotoPress Flexslider until the slider arrow buttons are used or the page reloaded. This affects the accommodation pages on the Booklium theme, for example, where the slider appears at the top of the page.
    I’ve logged this as a support issue, but if you aren’t in the habit of regularly viewing your own accommodation pages on the WordPress frontend you may want to check and see if you have this problem!
    Lazy loading can be switched off using the free plugin “Disable Lazy Loading” available in the WordPress.org plugins directory.

Andre Flores

Hello, Adrian!

Thank you for posting this topic, the issue has indeed occurred since WordPress 5.5 and can be resolved by installing “Disable Lazy Loading” plugin. We have also fixed the issue in the latest Hotel Booking plugin update (v. 3.8.5), so users with Hotel Booking license purchased may simply update the plugin to the latest version in order to avoid the described issue from happening.

Regards,
    Andre

Adrian Ince
    Participant

I can confirm that the auto-update to v3.8.5 resolved this issue. Pleased to see that you have acted quickly to patch the plugin.
    I’m having problems locating the release notes for this version – can you provide a link please?

Andre Flores

Hello, Adrian!

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that it worked for you. You may find the version release notes here.
    It would be much appreciated if you leave your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Andre

Maria Roncarati
    Participant

Hi, I recently purchase the booklium theme in december and I have same issue with the image loading, the slider in the accommodation page don’t show the images and also in the page results etc. They just never show the images.

I install the “Disable lazy load plugin” and the issue is still there. I’m not happy with this problem, basically I pay for something that does not work well, what can I do??? is frustrating.

Andre Flores

Hello Maria,

I am following your frustration, however, the issue is rather caused by the shifting nature of WordPress engine and there is not much we can do about it. The issue re-occurred in the latest WordPress update v. 5.6 and our developers have already found the way to have it fixed, so the issue will be resolved shortly in the nearest plugin update.
    Since the plugin is built in the Booklium theme you have purchased, you will need to wait for the theme update in order to have the plugin updated, as it can be updated only along with the theme. If you do not want to wait for the theme update, you may also purchase the Hotel Booking plugin license separately in order to get automatic plugin updates regardless of the theme version.

Regards,
    Andre

Wim Van Ertvelde
    Participant

Any idea when the update will be out?
    It also seems that Edge has more this issue more than Chrome?

Andre Flores

Hello Wim,

We expect to release the Hotel Booking plugin update this week, so our developers will do their best to have the plugin released until the end of the week.

Regards,
    Andre

Jean-Francois Dumais
    Participant

Hi,

I recently bought (a couple of weeks ago) your plugin to add to my theme.

I’m running last version of WordPress and edit gallery.php file for accomodation page to display flexslider.

I can see arrows but images not showing.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have adjusted the flexslider gallery to fit the lazy loading feature of the WordPress in one for the previous versions of the Hotel Booking plugin. Make sure you do not use a third-party plugin where additional lazy load functionality is enabled. Could you please provide URL of the page you need assistance with?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Jean-Francois Dumais
    Participant

Hi J. Davis,

I tried third party plugin for lazy loading but I deleted it since it didn’t work and after I found this post.

Here is an example of URL :
    https://nouveau.villalarose.ca/accommodation/le-repere-tranquille/

Sometime I see the thumbnails but not all the time.

The large pictures never appears.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adrian Ince
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

You may navigate to your forum account(at the bottom of right sidebar) > Subscriptions and unsubscribe from the topics.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Jean-Francois Dumais
    Participant

Hi J. Davis,

Have you seen my post reply June 9 ?

Any idea to help me solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Jean-Francois,

Thanks for your reminder. Perhaps there is another plugin with a lazy-loading option. Could you check whether it is enabled in Jetpack settings and try to switch it off? You may also submit a request to our support team so that we could take a closer look at it.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.