Hotel Booking Multi-Currency Addon Highlights
This is an extension for the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin for WordPress.
Add Any Currencies with Multicurrency Addon
Whether there are just a few currencies popular with your travelers or you want to offer each and every option, the multicurrency addon is ready to handle any scenario. You can add unlimited currencies to the currency converter widget and allow guests to choose their local ones.
For each currency, you can choose the number of decimal points and the currency icon position.
Set Currency Exchange Rates
For each added currency, you need to provide the current exchange rate. The WordPress currency converter is so far optimized only for manual currency rate exchange settings, so you might need to update rates on the dashboard from time to time. It’s a matter of a few clicks, though.
Display Converter Widget in the Menu or Widget Zones
Website visitors are used to looking for currency switchers in the header of footer website sections. The Hotel Booking Multicurrency addon allows you to place the converter in just the right places.
You are free to choose where to display your widget, in the widget section or site navigation menus. The multi-currency widget will inherit styling from your WordPress theme no matter which location you choose.
Currency Switcher for Hotel Booking – FAQ
Will guests pay in the currency they chose?
No, at checkout travelers still pay in the default currency set in your Hotel Booking default currency settings. So that the currency a guest switched to is converted back to the default one only when they pay. Guests will be notified about it on the checkout page.
Can currency exchange rates change automatically?
Not at the moment. So far, you need to enter them manually when using the Multicurrency plugin for Hotel Booking. Since they stay fixed and the currency rates usually change, you’ll need to update rates manually, too, if required. We plan to add more automation in the future, though.
Does it support geo-detect?
No, the widget provided by the WordPress currency addon doesn’t detect user countries automatically to display prices in the needed currencies. Travelers need to switch prices manually.
Multicurrency Addon Installation & Setup
- Install and activate the Multi-Currency Widget addon.
- Go to Accommodation > Settings > Extensions > Choose the Multi-Currency tab.
- If you want to display the switcher in the navigation menu, click on the “Add menu currency switcher” and set your preferences.
- Add and customize currency rates and save the changes.
- If you want to display the currency widget WordPress switcher in the theme widget zones, Go to Appearance > Widgets. Find the Hotel Booking Select Currency widget listed under Available Widgets and drag it to one of the widget zones available in your theme.
- Hotel Booking plugin 3.9.14 or greater;
- PHP: 7.1;