Security Deposit.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   Ryan Labelle 3 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

First I want to say that your plugin is awesome. Thank you for creating it.

Two part question:

1 – Can I setup the plugin to take a security deposit as a flat rate? So, let’s say a $250 deposit flat fee on top of the booking cost. This money would be refunded at some point, but I just need them to pay for it first.

2 – If I can do a security deposit, can I add it without it being taxed even though I have added taxes to all my services and fees already?

I see the taxes section and I know I can add fees already, but the problem is, if you charge a “Fee Tax” it applies to all Fees. In other words, I’d like to set up a “Cleaning” fee that should be taxed at 12%. But, they want to charge a $250 Security Deposit that is basically to cover possible damages, and if none occur, would be refunded. This Fee should not get taxed. Is there any way you know of that would allow one fee to be taxed while another fee is not taxed? (That “Taxes & Fees” page doesn’t seem to have any setting that would allow you to set Fees as either taxable or not taxable.)

Also, a flat fee would be awesome, vs the per guest / per day, and per accommodation / per day.

Thank you so much.

UPR
    Participant

Ryan, I am interested in this too as we request a security bond as well and I’ve yet to find a way to incorporate this into the booking process.

Keen to get John’s view on this.

Cheers,
    Sascha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

You may try to add a security deposit as a tax http://prntscr.com/orndb8 and it will not be taxable.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

That’s great! Thank you 🙂

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

I see the workaround using “Accommodation Taxes”. Thanks.

Just a suggestion: The “Security Deposit” gets listed under “Accommodation Taxes” which might look funny to customers. Would be great if there was a way to list it as “Fee” but set to “Not Taxed” somehow.

Love the plugin. Thanks.

UPR
    Participant

Hi Ryan, you can use the Loco Translate plugin to ‘translate’ or change this term to your liking. Any term or word in the hotel booking plugin for that matter. I’ve been using this and it works great!
    Check this post: https://motopress.com/forums/topic/search-result-page-text/#post-785230

Cheers,
    Sascha

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Great idea. Thank you. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.