Security Deposit.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andre Flores

Hello Amy,

The request is still in our list, however, it has not been quite popular to the date. There are other requests with many up-votes, so they are at the top of our developers’ to-do list at the moment.
    There are two third-party solutions, which should work for credit card pre-authorization with the Hotel Booking plugin:

WooCommerce Offline Credit Card Payment Method
    Offline Credit Card Processing for WooCommerce

You may use one of them as a workaround.

Regards,
    Andre

James Valentine
    Participant

(I’m posting this on a couple of threads so that no one who might want it will miss it – excuse the double posting, mods).

I am requesting a security deposit payment directly through Stripe using a payment URL. It’s for a fixed amount so this works well.

I don’t want my admins to have to sign into Stripe to process the refund so I have written a basic plugin to work with MotoPress.

https://gitlab.com/jdvalentine/basic-stripe-refunds/

There is a zip in the dist/ directory which can be installed directly into WordPress but feel free to make a new zip based on the contents of this repo, or even copy the files onto your server manually for peace of mind.

It will use the Stripe secret key you have stored in MotoPress, give you a list of payments and allow you to make a partial refund of any of them.

Note that this refund will _not_ be tracked in the MotoPress booking for that customer – it’s intended for refunding other payments external to the booking.

I hope that you can extend it and I will consider pull requests when I have time. I have time to offer some basic support but it is open source.

Erik Groen
    Participant

The security deposit has been a topic in this forum for a long time. It might be complicated to have it perfect and therefore take a lot of develop capacity. It would be helpful already, if such a deposit would not be included in the price per night only. That should be relatively simple. The tools for the return of the deposit can then be arranged in a next phase. Would this be an option?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve added it to our list of features. We will notify you when we have any news on this.
    Meanwhile, you may follow this article https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056703632

best regards,
    J. Davis

Genevieve Coady
    Participant

If other users are like me, I am interested in protecting our property with damage protection of some sort. On our old booking engine, Lodgify, when guests booked using a credit card (processed by Stripe) Lodgify was coded to keep their credit card securely stored in Lodgify for future use. The guest agreed to this. So if a guest forgot to make their last payment or they caused damage to their unit we had a card on file to charge. (We provided documentation with it).

So could this be done by MotoPress’ developers? OR it would be helpful to auto-charge a security deposit that was auto-refunded unless we (administrators) intervened and turned off the auto-refund (in event of damages or missed payment).

OR if an auto pre-authorization to a credit card happened check in day.

Doing a security deposit and having to manually refund each is a lot of extra work AND chance for user error on my part.

Thank you…
    Genevieve

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Genevieve,
    Thank you for your feedback. We have this request in our list of features so I’ve just added your upvote. We will notify you when we have any news on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.