Edit Booking / Checkout form

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Aidan Taggart
    Participant

Hello,

I have just purchased the plugin and it seems to do everything I want and looks great. However I am having a few problems regarding editing the checkout form (.mphb_sc_checkout-form)

I would like to reduce the line height, remove/change some of the headings and have the check-in details on the same line. Have these been set by the theme appearance or by the plugin and is there somewhere in the front-end I can change these or do I need to apply some css?

I’m new to wordpress and appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Aidan

Aidan Taggart
    Participant

Hello again,

I have read in the plugin documentation that the plugin contains hooks which I can edit to customise the appearance. Can anyone direct me to the hooks for the booking confirmation?

Thanks,

Aidan

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Aidan,

Styles are inherited from the active theme, e.g. line height.
    The layout of the checkout form can be edited in wp-content\plugins\motopress-hotel-booking\includes\views\shortcodes\checkout-view.php
    The hooks are listed in wp-content\plugins\motopress-hotel-booking\includes\shortcodes\checkout-shortcode\step-checkout.php

Below is an example of how a function can be overridden through functions.php of your child theme. This way your edit will be update-proof:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'remove_renderCustomerDetails' );
    function remove_renderCustomerDetails(){
    	remove_action( 'mphb_sc_checkout_form', array( '\MPHB\Views\Shortcodes\CheckoutView', 'renderCustomerDetails' ), 40 );
    }

add_action( 'mphb_sc_checkout_form', 'my_renderCustomerDetails', 40);

function my_renderCustomerDetails(){
    your edited function
    }
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It is possible to edit fields on the checkout page using this extension https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking-checkout-fields/

Gwenaël Nemry
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores
    Albertus Korb
    Participant
    Andre Flores
    Simeon Jordanov
    Participant

Hi
    Is there a way to remove the accommodation form from “booking confirmation” page? It’s kind of strange making the user put twice the number of children and adults during the booking steps.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Simeon,

Thanks for your question. There is no option to remove all the forms from the Booking Confirmation page. However, there is an option to disable adults and children selection on the search form at Accommodation > Settings > Guest Management.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.