Capturing Credit Card Info

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nicky Pink
    Participant

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered.

We do not charge deposits upon reservation, but we do take credit cards as security for no-shows.

How do we capture/access the credit card info in the event we need to charge for a no-show?

Thank you!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Nicky,

I would highly appreciate if you clarify this payment method more detailed? How it works exactly and what information you would like to store?
    Probably you would like to use confirmation mode that is called by admin manually? You will be able to sent automatic email after reservation with your instructions and control all bookings manually.

Best regards,
    John

Chris
    Participant

Hi John

As an extension to what Nicky is referring to, AirBnB & Homeaway do this with their non online bookings, CC details are taken, and the property owner has 24hrs to vet the booking and then accept it, in which case then the CC is charged. This would be a fantastic feature on the Booking Plugin

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your comment however I’m not still sure I got how it should work. Is there a solution for this in WooCommerce? If so you can try using our WooCommerce addon that integrates payments gateways from WooCommerce.

Best regards,
    John

Chris Wright
    Participant

I might assume they would be looking for a way to be able to “capture” payment information so they would manually enter charges manually into a card swipe reader when they do not have an Online Gateway setup.

I have seen this in other applications as Manual Entry. The first 8 digits of card info, expiration date was saved online with the transaction and the last 4 digits of card were emailed to system admin.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thank you Chris,
    It would be useful to see some live example of such a payment method on WordPress.

Amy Page
    Participant

I would like this to be an option also. I have had to start collecting deposits and it is more work than I wanted.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your feedback. You may look if there is a payment gateway for WooCommerce that meets your requirements. If you find one you may integrate it to Hotel booking plugin using HB WooCommerce Payment addon.
    As another solution, you may use Checkout Field Editor addon to capture additional information. However, I do not think it is secure enough to keep the details of the credit cards in the database.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Christian Di Capua
    Participant

Hello, I was just looking for this subject as I need to get credit card information from my clients. At the moment I am using another which I show below:
    Payment

X Confirm reservation with Credit Card

Bank Transfer
    Pay now with PayPal account

This page opens in the bottom of the page once the option “Confirm reservation with Credit Card” is chosen.

Credit Card type:
    Name on card:
    Credit card number
    Card expiry
    Card CVV

After this the details of the card are in the reservation information but can be see only oploading a file .key

Is possible to have a similar process?

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your question. By default, there is no such payment gateway to collect the information of the credit card to capture the amount whenever you need it. Though it is possible to integrate WooCommerce Checkout page with WooCommerce payment gateways to the booking process by using HB WooCommerce Payments add-on.
    So you may look for woocommerce addon that meets your requirements and then add woocommerce checkout page with it by using the plugin above.

best regards,
    John Davis.

Giulia Cristofori
    Participant

I activated the payment option with deposit and balance request 7 days before the arrival date.
    Is it possible to debit the entire amount automatically if the customer does not show up or does not pay within the terms?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Giulia,

Payment Request add-on is used to send an email notification with a payment link. It can not be used to charge the guest on demand.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.