Availability Calendar – Show fully booked dates on general calendar

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Availability Calendar – Show fully booked dates on general calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Dave Adams
    Participant

Hi there,

I really like the plugin and what it offers, however there is 1 element that isn’t functioning how I would desire.

When you use the general availability search calendar (so not a specific accommodation calendar), it does not take into account all the accommodation bookings – so therefore shows dates as available even if every single accommodation is booked.

Can the general availability calendar be amended to block out fully booked dates?

It seems strange that this option is not available, as this calendar already shows admin blocked dates but not fully booked dates which essentially means the same to the customer?

The main reason I ask for this is that we find customers will often “fill the gaps” and change their dates to fit our availability, and with the general search form they could search for 1 week with exact dates and find no availability, but in reality if they moved check-in by 1 day they would find availability – but they cannot see this as the calendar doesn’t take into account fully booked dates?

I hope this makes sense – and would also be useful for others? I have seen this requested before also.

Many thanks

Dave

Andre Flores

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is much appreciated.
    We do have a similar feature request indeed and continue collecting feedback from our users. I have added your up-vote to the feature request as well and in case there are more requests from other users, we might consider implementing this feature in one of the plugin future updates.
    We will keep you posted in this topic.

Regards,
    Andre

Fraai
    Participant

Hello Andre

I absolutely agree with what Dave says.
    On my website it is possible to book 2 different accommodations. On my homepage I integrated the search availability form. I don’t want to add a specific ID, because I want them to see which of the 2 is available.

I struggle with the following:
    The customer chooses check-in and check-out date, gets the results and (hopefully) books. When neither accommodation is available, the result page is empty, customer has to try again with a new date. During the summer months my website is very popular, so I am fully booked in no time. If my customer has no indication of the booked dates, he has to try over and over again until he finds an available date by accident. That’s not the user experience I’m aiming for.

The solution to add an accommodation ID, means I must integrate 2 search forms, one for each accommodation, which isn’t very attractive and for the customer it makes no sense.

Hopefully the feature can be integrated soon.

In the meantime, if anyone knows a solution to my problem (described above) that would be awesome.

Kind regards.
    Leen

Andre Flores

Hello Leen,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is much appreciated.
    I am following your concerns and I hope that the feature will be selected for development in the near future.
    As for your specific case, I understand you do not want to have two booking forms, so I would suggest that you add two availability calendars – one for each accommodation type – below the form, so your guests could actually see what dates are available before they search for desired dates in the booking form datepicker.
    Hope this option will suit you better.

Regards,
    Andre

Fraai
    Participant

Thank you Andre!
    That’s exactly how I solved it and I’m certainly happy with it.

Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards
    Leen

Marcel Folaron
    Participant

Having the dates where nothing is available marked as booked in the search calendar would be very important. As OP mentioned customers will try multiple times to check which dates are available.

Andre Flores

Hello Leen,

You are most welcome, I am glad I could help 🙂 It would be very much appreciated if you share your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Marcel,

Thank you for your feedback, your up-vote has been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Rafael Cavalcante
    Participant

it would be awesome if fully booked dates be showed as blocked dates.
    my clients are having to try many times to find a avaliable date.
    waiting for this upgrade! thanks

Robert
    Participant

We continue to get this feedback too. This is the biggest gap at the moment with the user journey. Would love it if this was put into development.

Andre Flores

Hello Rafael and Robert,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I have added your up-votes to the feature request.

Regards,
    Andre

Rachel Brown
    Participant

Upvote for this feature as well. It would make a massive difference in the user experience!

Mathieu Dorval
    Participant

+1 : We vote for this feature!

Ashleigh Bamford
    Participant

Hi Andre,
    Have there been any advancements on this feature yet? Definitely a +1 vote from me. It’s very clunky to have multiple availability calendars on the page and guests not being able to see straight away if we are fully booked or what dates are available. Cheers

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have added your upvote to this task. Unfortunately, it has not been planned due to more priority improvements. We will keep you informed once we have any news on this feature. Thank you for your participation.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.