Wrong behaviour of search results

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Mary Evans.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aron Martinez
    Participant

Dear MP-Team,

I noticed a strange behaviour in the search results:
    If I search for accomodations for a too high number of guests (because some of the rooms are already reserved), I am simply presented with the available rooms (both in the *Recommended for N guests” section and under “Select from available accomodations”), instead of being told that there are not enough rooms for the requested number of people.

An example:

1. I have 4 accomodations (2x double rooms, plus 2x triple rooms), with a total capacity of 10 guests maximum
    2. The two bigger rooms are already reserved, so there is only a capacity o 4 guests at the moment (2x double rooms)
    3. I search an accomodation for 10 guests
    4. I am presented with “Recommended for 10 guests” and the list of two double rooms (= a capacity of 4 guests), this is complete non-sense for the website visitors

What I would expect instead:

• 1-3 stay the same as above
    • 4: I am presented with a message, telling me that unfortunately there are not enough rooms for the selected number of guests, that actually only at maximum N guests can be accomodated, and that below (under “Select from available rooms”) there is a list of available rooms

Thanks for having a look into this.

Best regards,
    Aron

Mary Evans

Hello Aaron,

By default, there are listed all available accommodation types on the Search Results page to let guests make a multiple booking or if there are no free accommodation types for the given search request.

However, there is a workaround to make Search Results display the needed acc. types accordingly applied capacity.
    Please, have a look at this guide for more details.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Aron Martinez
    Participant

Hi Maria*,

Thank you for the proposed workaround, which unfortunately seems a little bit wacky for a feature that should be standard for a hotel booking plugin like yours.
    Actually, you even write at the end of the guide “we already have the request to limit search results to the requested capacity, on our feature requests list”, so please add my vote to this feature request and continue to further improve the search results asap.

Best regards,
    Aron

* pun intended

Mary Evans

Hello Aron,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Unfortunately, for now, there is the only workaround to make Search Results display the needed acc. types accordingly applied capacity: via attributes, until the “limit search results to the requested capacity” request is implemented.
    I’ve added your upvote for this request to our feature requests list and will notify you as soon as it gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.