Wrong behaviour of search results

• This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Martin Fourdrignier.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Aron Martinez
    Participant

Dear MP-Team,

I noticed a strange behaviour in the search results:
    If I search for accomodations for a too high number of guests (because some of the rooms are already reserved), I am simply presented with the available rooms (both in the *Recommended for N guests” section and under “Select from available accomodations”), instead of being told that there are not enough rooms for the requested number of people.

An example:

1. I have 4 accomodations (2x double rooms, plus 2x triple rooms), with a total capacity of 10 guests maximum
    2. The two bigger rooms are already reserved, so there is only a capacity o 4 guests at the moment (2x double rooms)
    3. I search an accomodation for 10 guests
    4. I am presented with “Recommended for 10 guests” and the list of two double rooms (= a capacity of 4 guests), this is complete non-sense for the website visitors

What I would expect instead:

• 1-3 stay the same as above
    • 4: I am presented with a message, telling me that unfortunately there are not enough rooms for the selected number of guests, that actually only at maximum N guests can be accomodated, and that below (under “Select from available rooms”) there is a list of available rooms

Thanks for having a look into this.

Best regards,
    Aron

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Aaron,

By default, there are listed all available accommodation types on the Search Results page to let guests make a multiple booking or if there are no free accommodation types for the given search request.

However, there is a workaround to make Search Results display the needed acc. types accordingly applied capacity.
    Please, have a look at this guide for more details.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Aron Martinez
    Participant

Hi Maria*,

Thank you for the proposed workaround, which unfortunately seems a little bit wacky for a feature that should be standard for a hotel booking plugin like yours.
    Actually, you even write at the end of the guide “we already have the request to limit search results to the requested capacity, on our feature requests list”, so please add my vote to this feature request and continue to further improve the search results asap.

Best regards,
    Aron

* pun intended

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Aron,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Unfortunately, for now, there is the only workaround to make Search Results display the needed acc. types accordingly applied capacity: via attributes, until the “limit search results to the requested capacity” request is implemented.
    I’ve added your upvote for this request to our feature requests list and will notify you as soon as it gets implemented.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Mario Morshäuser
    Participant

If I would have known this some days ago i would never invested 89€ for this plugin. A totally basic feature with a work around ?
    So it seems that i don´t further invest on the big plugin pack, maybe they also only work with workarounds.

I have 8 Apartments with double size beds for adults and 1 or 2 studio couches for children which should only be used by children.

How could i give the right apartment recommendation to the guest ?

Andre Flores

Hello Mario,

The issue is search results rely on the check-in/check-out date in the first place, not the selected number of adults/children. You may hide both adults and children fields in settings and create them as an additional attributes according to the directions from the previously provided article. This will make sure your guests only get those apartments that match the selected number of adults/children in search results.

Regards,
    Andre

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

there is a way to fix it, but it requires modifying the search query in the plugin itself.. (which means if they update the plugin, you have to redo it, until I can figure out a way to override a function within the plugin..

in includes/shortcodes/search-results-shortcode.php

around line 303 search for :
    $where = ” WHERE 1=1″

before that, insert:
    // added for Capacity Search
    $join .= ” INNER JOIN {$wpdb->postmeta} AS room_capacity_ids ON room_types.ID = room_capacity_ids.post_id AND room_capacity_ids.meta_key = ‘mphb_total_capacity’ “;

then search for: (should now be around line 320)
    $order = ” GROUP BY room_type_ids.meta_value”

before that, insert:
    // added for Capacity Search
    $where .= “and room_capacity_ids.meta_value >= “.$_REQUEST[‘mphb_adults’].” “;

save, you’re done 🙂

this assumes that children is turned off and that you put a value in the “Max Guests” field for the accommodation type.

Andre Flores

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for sharing your insights, it is much appreciated! I hope it will help other users as a temporary solution 🙂

Regards,
    Andre

Jeffrey Donchez
    Participant

do you know of a way I can “hook” this into the plugin rather than modifying it directly?

Andre Flores

Hello Jeffrey,

Unfortunately, there is no option to override function the code is used in, as the function is private. So I am afraid for now the only workaround would be editing the plugin code.

Regards,
    Andre

Carla Orriols
    Participant

Hi, but if we need to show different prices according adults/children?
    if i do this Andre:
    “Hello Mario,

The issue is search results rely on the check-in/check-out date in the first place, not the selected number of adults/children. You may hide both adults and children fields in settings and create them as an additional attributes according to the directions from the previously provided article. This will make sure your guests only get those apartments that match the selected number of adults/children in search results.

Regards,
    Andre”

how can i do for exact match with accomodation number of people.

thanks

Andre Flores

Hello Carla,

In case you require adults and children to be enabled, the offered option does not suit you and you will have to use default search results functionality.

Regards,
    Andre

Carla Orriols
    Participant

hi…omg hope you can fix this!

Is a basic in hotels and hostels separate children and adults prices and also show the exact match accommodation in the user search result page,
    and the rest appear as other recommendations, but not all on the same list.

This is a usability problem because a long list of accommodation options confuse the user. Many clients told me they don’t understand the process for booking the rooms in my web site hostallesfonts.com …i’m gona paid a lot of money 89$ + woocommerce payment every year…please this is necessary.

Thank you

Andre Flores

Hello Carla,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. So far this is the way that search results work by default. This was done due to the fact the Hotel Booking plugin allows multi-booking and your guests might want to book, let’s say, two rooms with 2 guests capacity in case one room with 4 guests capacity is not available for selected dates.
    We do have such a feature request and I have added your up-vote to it as well. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider implementing such option in future.

Regards,
    Andre

Carla Orriols
    Participant

Hi, and why in the search result page the “Recommended for X adults” option don’t show the featured image? is possible make it shown?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.