Weekend Rate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Miller
    Participant

Hi there, this is probably an unusual scenario: I have an accommodation venue that wants to offer a “weekend rate” where a guest can stay Thursday-Sunday, Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Sunday and it’s always one price (regardless of how many nights). The only way I can see it working is by setting a Booking Rule that check out must be on a Sunday, and then setting the price for Saturday night and having the other nights as “free”. So that if they book Thursday-Sunday or Saturday-Sunday, the system only sees the Saturday price and charges them that.

If there another way to do this that I am not seeing?
    If I do it this way, it is unfortunate that the pricing breakdown will show Thursday night and Friday night as costing $0. But if that’s what has to happen, I guess that’s fine.

Last question, can I alter the pricing wording that appears on the search results page? IE change it from “Prices start at: $XXX for 3 nights (+$XX taxes and fees)” to “Price for the weekend: $XXX for 3 nights (+$XX taxes and fees)”. Is that a CSS edit?

Thanks!

Louise Catterall
    Participant

I also have a client with the same requirement. I would be interested to here what the solution is for this, I was wondering if it was at all possible in the rates section?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may try to add various seasons for Thursday-Sunday, Friday-Sunday, and Saturday-Sunday and set up specific dates for check-in and check-out per each season using the booking rules. Then you will need to create a single Rate adding all the seasons and adding variable prices for 1 night per different length of stay. You may watch this video to learn how to add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnOed2Q9V88

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.