- This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by Stacy Lind.
- November 9, 2017 at 2:02 pm #599770Bert VerryckenParticipant
I have a breakfast service and the price is different for kids and adults. Hence I created two services, breakfast-kids and breakfast-adults. I specify the maximum number of adults and the maximum number of kids per rental. But the services allows per adult(s) but not per kid(s). There is a distinction that you have introduced but it has not been taken into account for services.
The number of persons per rental can be charged per extra person or two extra persons (saw that in the topics in your forum). But, let;’s assume the rental has a price for 4 and they searched for a 6p rental, they will be offered the price of 4p and then they have to click on 2 extra persons to get the right price. But nothing prevents them from booking for 6 and leaving the extra persons out and pay for that (booking confirmed via paypal for example). My intrest in the plugin (have it as part of vilagio theme) is the auto confirm if paypal transfer is confirmed.
Also, I like the rate seasons, but for us, the summer season requires a min stay of 7 days because we want to have the number of orphan days between renters minimal. Outside summer season, there is not a big demand for our area so our rate is lower but also the min number of days to stay is lower. Hence, channel managers (I have eviivo) have this season defined as a rate but also as a min stay linked to that season. Additionally, If I define the seasons for 2018, it is a nuisance to duplicate them for 2019. Eviivo takes a base rate (that goes on forever and is the most expensive) which applies to all dates in the future. The seasons then override the months or days of the year you want lower prices (or different min stay).
For the Vilagio theme, the top front is a slider. But it does not slide automatically, is this intentional? I need to buy or get a different auto slider plugin?November 13, 2017 at 1:12 pm #601170J. DavisKeymaster
Thank you for your thoughts and feedback.
1. Thank you for describing your situation. It will help us to form the ‘children’ attribute in further updates. Currently you can try to add different rates for the same accommodation type for people to select.
Or you can hide ‘Children’ select from search form and information about Children at search results by means of CSS. Then edit translation of Adults to Guests, Visitors, Persons, etc. We’ll provide more convenient solution soon.
2. I’m not sure I got this question properly. Now system recommends 2 rooms if you search room for 6 persons but there are rooms with max capacity 4 persons in your hotel. Please describe it more detailed. Thank you.
3. Do you mean you need to set min stay in period for seasons?
You can apply few Season Prices to the same rate and define priority over each other.
4. The default slider does not have automatic slideshow enabled. We’ve already added this request to features’ list. if you need it urgently you can put any other slider plugin. We can offer you our Slider plugin that allows to slide custom post types.November 14, 2017 at 1:30 pm #601597Bert VerryckenParticipant
2. Actually it is a two-room house which is considered one room. By default there are 6 beds and the price is for 4 person families. If 5p or 6p there will be an additional 5EUR per night per person.
3. Yes, in summer season, we want at least 7 days, outside it could be 5 day minimum stay. Usually it is based on the total price of the stay that needs to reach a minimum value to be sure there is profit (we provide a cleaning included, linen included and water-gas-electricity included).
Thanks.November 16, 2017 at 9:43 am #602650J. DavisKeymaster
2. You can add extra bed service that will cost +5EUR and define it to be charged per day and per person. Then on a check out you guests will be able to select required amount of extra beds.
3. You can edit manually Minimum Stay in Period in Booking settings. Thus when Summer begins you switch it to 7 days and when other season goes you will need to change it to 5.
JohnNovember 16, 2017 at 1:10 pm #602737Bert VerryckenParticipant
2. It is still possible they book the house for 6 but not paying the extra by not selecting the extras.Hence, I need to find another solution.
3. The whole intention of a booking plugin is automation. Hence, your answer is a solution of course, but none that anyone would accept as in line with the goal of the plugin.
Unfortunately, I will have to find another solution.
Thanks for the support.November 22, 2017 at 4:47 pm #605435J. DavisKeymaster
I’m sorry, it was temporary suggestion. Our developers are currently working on custom booking rules where it will be possible to set up stay in period depending on Season.
JohnJanuary 17, 2018 at 9:47 am #631161Stacy LindKeymaster
The update 2.3.0 brought in the booking rules feature that would let you set up different minimum nights of stay for particular seasons/accommodation types.January 27, 2018 at 7:02 pm #636025AlvaroParticipant
I need to add extra person charge depending on season rate.
Also, I need to set accommodation prices per week.
Would it be posible?
ThanksJanuary 31, 2018 at 3:53 pm #637681J. DavisKeymaster
Thank you for your request however we’d appreciate if you describe both of them more detailed? Could explain on what step of booking process you want to provide an option to add extra persons. We need to understand how you want it to work. Examples are situations are appreciated too.
As for per week price so you can add custom booking rule for defining minimum days stay period as 7.
JohnJuly 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm #702001Stacy LindKeymaster
We are writing to inform you that one of the features that you requested in this thread has been implemented with one of the recent updates of the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin.
Now you can charge extra for extra guests. For this create a rate in Accommodation > Rates and tick the Enable Variable Pricing box. It will allow you to specify the exact prices to charged based on the number of people staying.
So update the plugin or register a back-end demo to test the new functionality. We also have a video tutorial that may be helpful.
Thank you for helping us make the plugin better.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.