Service for adults/children

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Diana Monica
    Participant

Dear team,

I’d like to know if it’s possible to add a service / per day / per person but to attribute it to the number of adults or children. I saw other topics but I am not sure it’s the same request.

For us, it is very common that our clients book their accommodation with full board service. (breakfast, meal, and dinner) – this is charged per day and per person and at first glance it’s easy to add it as a service in your plugin.

The only issue is that you have forgotten that children also get services, and they are ALWAYS cheaper than those for adults.

Since the services cannot be attributed to “adults” or “kids”, we are forced to not add them at all.

We cannot add, for instance, a service “Full Board Adults – 30€” and another service “Full board Childen – 20€” because the price is charged per day and per ADULT and if there are 2 parents and 1 kid, they’ll get charged 2 times for the adult service (which is correct) but also 2 times for the “Full Board Childen” – because it counts 2 adults, instead of 1 kid.
    So in total, they get charged 4 times, instead of 3.

Please, can you work on a solution? I believe every booking business is in need of this service as prices for children are always different.

Regards,
    Diana

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you for your detailed question, it is much appreciated.
    Currently there is no option in the Hotel Booking plugin to charge services per child, unfortunately. We do have such a feature request and I have added your up-vote to it as well. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider implementing this option in one of the plugin future updates.
    Meanwhile, you may try the workaround from this thread.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.