Number of guests and name of guest

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Emanuel
    Participant

Hello,

below the field to select the number of guests we have a field labeled “Full Guest Name”.

But this is confusing. If there is more than one guest, there should be either the same number of fields to enter all guests names, or we call this field “person in charge” or something like this.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Emanual,

There is no possibility to add more “Full Guest Name” fields, accordingly to the number of guests.
    However, you may rename this field by following this easy article.
    Note that we’ve also recently released a great Checkout Fields addon that lets add custom checkout fields or edit default ones in Hotel Booking.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

S Squared
    Participant

I have purchased the checkout fields add on but it doesn’t allow you to customize the Full guest name field as you allude to above?

It only allows you to customise from first name down, i.e. the billing details etc. You can’t customise anything in the price breakdown, or full guest name etc which sit above this? Please help

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

The Checkout Fields addon allows to edit current Hotel Booking Checkout fields (you may also make the fields (un)required) or adding new custom ones. Please, follow this video tutorial in order to find out how to add new custom fields to the Hotel Booking Checkout page.

You may hide Full Guest Name Field with CSS (add the below code under your dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS):

.mphb-guest-name-wrapper {
        display: none !important;
    }

And then you may add as many Full Guest Name fields as needed, with the purchased Checkout Fields addon.

Could you also specify what you mean by “customise anything in the price breakdown”? The Checkout Field addon lets edit/add checkout fields, but not the Price Breakdown section.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

S Squared
    Participant

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the response.

When we add that CSS snippet in as advised it then knocks out all the formatting with with the next subheading that was there for additional services moving up and next to the number of Adults dropdown?

Can’t attach a screenshot to this post I don’t believe but have one captured to show you if you’d like to email me instead?

Thanks

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

Please, submit a ticket here with the described issue and screenshots, if possible, in order to have a closer look at the issue and provide you with personal assistance.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Alexey Merkulov
    Participant

I apologize for posting in this old thread, but problem with field labeled “Full Guest Name” is actual for me too. Is the Motopress team going to give any options for castomization this field in future?

Mary Evans wrote: “And then you may add as many Full Guest Name fields as needed, with the purchased Checkout Fields addon.”
    But It’s imposible to make the number of these fields dependent on the number of guests. If I have a single room, double room and triple room for example showing 3 Full Guest Name fields when booking a double room will be confusing.

Emanuel
    Participant

Yes, Alexey Merkulov is getting to the point. This field is still the same: one text input field inappropriately labelled “Full Guest Name” independent of how many guests we will actually have.

Also, when I try to open the easy article to change the field label, posted by Mary Evans above as first answer in this thread, the link does show an empty page at support.motopress.com. 🙁

Valeriia Bavykina

Hi Emanuel!

Please follow this link.

Chelsey Phillips
    Participant

I agree that this functionality needs to happen.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve added your request to our list of features to collect further feedback from other users to measure the priority of the request.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.