No extra Booking buffer on imported bookings please

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking No extra Booking buffer on imported bookings please

• This topic has 33 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Vojtěch Žoha.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Raphael Wightman
    Participant

I was thinking it would easier to just add rules before import/export according to the Online Travel Agency (OTA) since each OTA might have its own mechanism.

Example. You can set your buffers up for each reservation taken on your website and each OTA like Airbnd and VRBO.

So you setup your website, Airbnb and VRBO to add a buffer the day before and after a reservation.

Create a rule for importing ical.

Rule 1. Import reservations taken Airbnb or VRBO. DO NOT ADD BUFFERS since those sites already added them.
    Rule 2. Export reservations taken on your site to Airbnb or VRBO. SUBTRACT BUFFERS and let them add it since you have set it up that way.

Since each import/export is per accommodation per ical link let your website act as the traffic cop and delegate how all the info is managed going in and out to the other sites.

Andre Flores

Hello everybody,

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments, I will make sure to pass them to our developers for further consideration.

Regards,
    Andre

JJW
    Participant

Can we have a follow up on the matter?

Andrew Sykes
    Participant

Requesting the same.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Unfortunately, there are no updates regarding this matter so far. The request has not yet been selected for development and we continue collecting feedback from other users regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Andre

Michael Robateau
    Participant

Please add this feature. Also, please add this to the next sprint 🙂

Michael Robateau
    Participant

Do you have the ability to export to Vrbo at all?

Valeriia Bavykina

Hi Michael!

I just added you to the follow-up list, so as soon as we do have news regarding this feature, we’ll be sure to reach out.

Valeriia Bavykina

Hello Michael!

Please check out this article. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

jérémy dumas
    Participant

Hi,

People have been asking for this feature to actually work for one and half year now and the issue is still here…

Because from how you developed it, this functionality simply doesn’t work with other major OTA’s such as AirBNB or Booking…

We shouldn’t have to wait almost 2 years for a bug to be fixed.

I just developed an entire site with your plugin with the express demand of my client to be compatible with OTA’s to find at the end that it’s actually not.

Every time someone is booking on airbnb for example, you add extra buffer time to an import that already have a buffer time. So it’s 2 extra days (1 before and 1 after) that we won’t be able to sell on our website due to this issue.

It can be a major loss at the end of the year for all your clients using this feature and you won’t even bother to correct it…

Just can’t believe what I just read in this topics.

I’m going create a ticket to your support and hope it will be taken more seriously than here.

Regards

Andre Flores

Hello Jérémy,

I am following your concerns and frustration regarding this matter. The issue has been moved to our development team to-do list, so there is currently a progress and we might see the booking buffer functionality improved in the near future.

Regards,
    Andre

Mary Testa
    Participant

This problem still persists even after various Motopress Hotel Booking Version Updates since your last message.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your request. This task is in a queue still. We will notify you when we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Michael Radlof
    Participant

This link is no longer working and I am having issues with the Buffer and Air BNB Buffer not aligning and booking in 2 days buffer instead of 1 yet if I cancel either one we get bookings in a time period we don’t have enough time to prepare for. Do you have any updates for fixing this issue? Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question. This task has not been processed yet. I’ve added your upvote and so we will notify you by updating the topic when we have any news on this.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.