No charge until the customer actually check in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shane Donofrio
    Participant

Great plugin btw. Loving it. the only thing I cant seem to figure out yet is how to collect their card info (in case they cancel too late), but we don’t actually charge their card until they check into the hotel.

Thanks in advance,
    Shane

Shane Donofrio
    Participant

Just to clarify, we still want to be able to collect their card info. This way if they don’t cancel in time, we still charge them for 1 night. But I did find the “Pay on Arrival” option.

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Shane,

Only PayPal and Stripe have an option to authorize a transaction and charge it later. They can hold the authorization for 30 and 7 days respectively. If you need to hold the card for longer, it means that the credit card info will need to be collected on the checkout page and stored on the website, which is not safe and our booking system cannot do it.
    The best solution would be using the WooCommerce addon called Offline Credit Card Processing for WooCommerce (by WPLab) to collect the credit card info. This addon can be connected to our booking system through this WooCommerce Payment Addon.

Felice Zumbo
    Participant

How does one enable the authorization when using Stripe as I can’t seem to find it under any options.

My site manually confirms each booking and would love to authorize a charge and capture/complete the charge upon confirming (~1-2 days) so the 7 day option is more than enough for me.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Felice,

Thank you for your question. At the moment our plugin does not support pre-authorization Stripe payments. We’ll keep your request in ind and notify if we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Felice Zumbo
    Participant

Thanks J., would you or anyone know where I can add additional Stripe’s parameters? That way I can simply pass along the false value for the ‘capture’ parameter according to Strip’s API. I’m attempting below to the append it into the params array within the Customer.php file but no luck. Is this the place where to best place it?

public function charges($params = null)
    {
    $params = $params ?: [];
    $params[‘customer’] = $this->id;
    $params[‘capture’] = false;
    $charges = Charge::all($params, $this->_opts);
    return $charges;
    }

or

public function addInvoiceItem($params = null)
    {
    $params = $params ?: [];
    $params[‘customer’] = $this->id;
    $params[‘capture’] = false;
    $ii = InvoiceItem::create($params, $this->_opts);
    return $ii;
    }

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Felice,

I’d recommend to wait for this feature to be released or use HB WooCommerce Payments addon to integrate Stripe with preauthorization option. It looks like this option is supported there https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/stripe/#section-2 Please check the step #7

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.