No admin emails being sent, as no payment option is being triggered.

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking No admin emails being sent, as no payment option is being triggered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SpencerK
    Participant

Hello, and thank you for your help.

My client has stopped taking payments on the website (basically she was getting charged too much for the payment processing by various banks/Pay Pal), so she decided to do bank transfers.

When the guest accesses the confirmation page, they then see the bank transfer details. The problem is, the system does not recognise a payment (even though in the bookings admin section is says confirmed), thus no admin email is being sent to state there is a booking.

So, at present the website is practically useless. If a booking is made, we don’t know about it – the customer thinks they have booked and paid. This also makes any bookings – on the same date – on AirBnB a double booking.

Is there a way to enable administration emails, regardless of payment being processed? I mean, we are basically making a reservation, that’s not taking payment, yet there is still no admin email. The booking is listed on the Bookings page, as confirmed – surely this should still envoke an admin email, unless there is a setting I have missed. When I cancel a booking, on the Bookings page, a cancellation email is being sent to the guest, but no admin email is being sent.

Any ideas?
    (I would be more than happy to create a temp admin account, so you can have a look!)

Thanks πŸ™‚

SpencerK
    Participant

Ok. Please ignore this post.

There is a “Default Gateway” setting, in payment gateways, that was not set to “Direct Bank Transfer”. Enabling this setting now induces an Admin email.

Please delete this post, or leave it up for my continued embarrassment.

πŸ™‚

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, that option should not affect the email delivery. You may check this article to learn how to this payment gateways works https://motopress.com/document/hotel-booking-direct-bank-transfer/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.