Multilingual and Hotel Booking

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Olexandr
    Participant

+1
    Please, add compatibility with Polylang.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Olexandr,

Your upvote has been added. Thanks.

NURIT GAON
    Participant

+ one for polylang

Denis Kotlar
    Participant

I’m in process of finalizing adding multilingual support to website that also using Hotel Booking plugin. I’m using Falang, and it works very nice. Stéphane is very supportive and promptly replied to all my questions. I’m also using Divi theme which is supported by Falang, too.
    I tried both Polylang and WPML but found them too complex and I had a multiple issues that finally I gave up and switched to Falang.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Denis, Thanks for your feedback.

Jasmin Putz
    Participant

Polylang support is needed!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Jasmin, Thanks for your feedback.

John Swift
    Participant

My vote for Polylang support, please! So far the only problem I get is related to the “rates” section. No matter how I try to add the rate via Plylang for my second site language it does not want to show the frontend booking form for this accommodation.
    Any news from the devs if this can or will be fixed soon?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It is not an issue that should be fixed but rather a request to make Hotel Booking compatible with the Polylan plugin. I’ve added your upvote to the task. We will update the topic when we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Giulia Andreoli
    Participant

My vote for Polylang support!
    It is incredible that such a great plugin has full compatibility only with one translation plugin, even more considering that the issues only interest 2 or 3 pages.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Giulia,

Thanks, your upvote has been added.

FABRIZIO BARTOLINI
    Participant

I agree we need the support for Polylang but in case people needs a solution while waiting for the official one, there is a little hack you can do but you need to know what you are doing. Also you’ll need to re-apply this everytime you do a plugin update.
    If you go in the Plugin editor select Motopress Hotel booking then navigate in includes -> settings -> page-settings.php

search for the getPageId function and override it with the following:

private function getPageId( $name ){

$pageId = get_option( ‘mphb_’ . $name . ‘_page’ );

$pageId = pll_get_post($pageId);

return (int) $pageId;
    }

FABRIZIO BARTOLINI
    Participant

One more tip is for the rates. For me rates are working fine but I had to find the right combination of saving informations. Also I called the rates all in the same way but just with the language symbols at the end. One more thing I’ve done was create the rating all in english just with the naming described earlier and then assign them to the basic one.
    Not sure what was the trick yet but it works.
    Ex. main language english so rate name is “rates” then I have french and italian so the other rates are “it rates” and “fr rates” created first in english language and then assigned later to the correct language and linked to the basic “rates” page.
    Noit sure if this will help anyone but it works just need to find the right saving combinations.

Emanuele Melli
    Participant

You’ve been adding Motopress compatibility with Polylang to your feature list for years, but I still don’t see any compatibility.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback. We have this task in our list of features and we keep collecting feedback from the users to form the priority among other tasks.
    We would like to remind you that the Hotel Booking plugin can be used with WPML successfully.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.