Link to services on checkout form (or pop-up info window)

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Link to services on checkout form (or pop-up info window)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Emanuel
    Participant

I would like to add a little more information to the section “Choose Additional Services” on the check out form.

At least, the service names should link to their service pages (as the accommodation type is linked to its page, opening in a new tab so the user does not loose his entered data). I managed to “hack” these links into our form by writing <a href… directly into the service title, but that’s not really advisable.

First wish: Include links to the service pages on the checkout form by default.

Second wish: A small pop-up window that opens on the page would be even nicer to quickly show the description of the services.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you for your request. You may override the services section by removing the action below and then add it again with your custom modifications:

add_action( 'mphb_sc_checkout_room_details', array( '\MPHB\Views\Shortcodes\CheckoutView', 'renderServiceChooser' ), 40, 4 );

As an option, you may display the description under each service using this line
    echo $service->getDescription();

We will also keep your request in mind and update this topic if we have any news about it. Anyone who is interested in this enhancement, feel free to leave your votes posting the replies below.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Emanuel
    Participant

Thanks a lot. I’ll leave it as it is for now, but looking forward to enhancements and open to other suggestions. Our site: https://chillisimo.de/en/

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thanks for your reply, Emanual. Could you specify why it is not a good solution to display a description of service under its title on the checkout page?

Emanuel
    Participant

I our case the services section then would be too long on the whole checkout page. We have 2 services with a 800 characters long description each (10 lines of text in full width).

Also, we want to minimize any further work on the website. Our current solution with a link is not perfect but okay.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Emanuel,
    Thanks for your feedback.

Tilman
    Participant

Hi John,

in similar/wider context regarding this.

1) Is there an opportunity to display defined (extra) services as widget/sidebar on certain pages where they could be selected and added to the checkout cart/form?

We are aware of the default lists as part of checkout form under each selected accomm. type; however it does not look that great in our opinion

2) Is there an opportunity to display/add related icons to defined (extra) services? At least that would enhance the look and feel on checkout page considering the current default view…if 1) above is not possible.

Many thanks for clarification and support
    Tilman

Andre Flores

Hello, Tilman!

1). You may display specific services using [mphb_services] shortcode, by adding desired services ID’s, e.g.:

[mphb_services ids="1,2,3"]

Where 1,2,3 are the ID’s of services you would like to be displayed.
    You may set featured image for each of the service, so they look nicer on the page.

2). As for the Checkout page, you may add icons next to each service via custom CSS coding.

Regards,
    Andre

Tilman
    Participant

Hi Andre,

many thanks – in general I get it what you are referring to. However, still in mode to get familiar with such template related custom details.

Therefore, related follow-up’s below:

reg. 1) Where do I have to put technically the above shortcode in order to get it displayed as a widget/sidebar later on. Or you were generally referring to simple page/block incl. custom shortcode…?

reg. 2) Is there any related reference to share where I can see/find such related custom CSS coding, or at least a related sample.

Many thanks again
    Tilman

Andre Flores

Hi, Tilman!

1). That is correct, I was referring to the shortcode, which is usually inserted to the page content. However, you may add it to the widget as well. Simply add the “Text” widget to any desired widget area and insert the shortcode into it: https://prnt.sc/sol3pr.

2). It would require some custom CSS coding, you may check an example here.
    Feel free to submit a request to our Help Desk for further assistance.

Regards,
    Andre

Tilman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores

Hi, Tilman!

You are welcome!

Regards,
    Andre

Marcelo Cardoso
    Participant

Hi,

I created a function to show the description of the services, called “myrenderServiceChooser” and added the action. It’s working.

The problem is that the original function (renderServiceChooser) is still running. I used the code “remove_action( ‘mphb_sc_checkout_room_details’, array( ‘\MPHB\Views\Shortcodes\CheckoutView’, ‘renderServiceChooser’ ), 40);” but it does not work.

Can you help me please?

Marcelo Cardoso
    Participant

I already managed to solve it, removing the action BEFORE being loaded by the theme:

add_action( ‘wp’, ‘my_remove_services’ );

function my_remove_services() {
    remove_action( ‘mphb_sc_checkout_room_details’, array( ‘\MPHB\Views\Shortcodes\CheckoutView’, ‘renderServiceChooser’ ), 40);
    }

Thanks!

Emanuel
    Participant

Hello Marcelo, how does your “myrenderServiceChooser” function look like, would it generally work on any site with Hotel Booking?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.