Issues with the dynamic cache and cookie set by mphb_session

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Issues with the dynamic cache and cookie set by mphb_session

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant

I’ve already open a ticket about this but I think it’s better to reminder it also in the forum to keep the topic alive until it’s resolved.

The problem is with the dynamic cache managed from a SiteGround hosting plan and a cookie set by the plugin “Hotel Booking”.
    Obviously, the problem is also present in all hosting plans of other companies that use the dynamic cache.

The website is not cached because there’s a cookie set for mphb_session.

This is the reply received from SiteGround tech assistance about my request how to ignore the cookie using SG Optimizer:
    ———-
    We can’t ignore cookies because of their bad coding. It doesn’t make sense to open a session if you want that content to be cached. And it doesn’t make sense to have session before you even start showing dynamic content per user. That’s just bad coding. You can either consider changing that booking plugin with something better or using a different solution. We will not be changing the way our NGINX caching works…
    ———-

The problem is serious because without the dynamic cache the TTFB is very bad with possible penalties in Google ranking.

If anyone has already found a solution on their own and wants to share it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Andre Flores

Hello Michele,

Thank you for raising this topic, our developers are already aware of the issue and will investigate it from their end. Th topic will remain active until the solution is found.

Regards,
    Andre

Michele
    Participant

Hello Andre… is there a progress about this bug?
    With the new Core Web Vitals of Google it’s important to have excellent performance.
    Thanks.

Andre Flores

Hello Michele,

The issue has not yet been selected for development, as our developers are currently busy with other priority tasks. Once there are any updates, I will immediately let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

Michele
    Participant

Another month has gone by and my clients are furious with me about the poor performance of their websites… in my opinion this problem deserves top priority.

Daniel Proctor
    Participant

Me too, clearly many users experiencing this issue, it renders the theme / plugin and website worse than useless

Nicholas Evans
    Participant

Hi. Is this issue still officially open? I’m using Hotel Booking version 4.4.4 on a client site and it has this issue. Is there a roadmap for when this issue will be fixed. My hosting provides CDN with dynamic cache and web optimisation that does not currently work with Hotel Booking.

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Our developers will review this request in one of the next updates. Thanks for your feedbacks. We will notify you if we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thanks! I hope that you are well. Any progress on this?

Daniel Proctor
    Participant

Looks like it won’t be fixed any time soon 😞 it’s a year and a half since it was raised!

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

I’m hopeful. 🙂

John and the team at MotoPress are great at releasing updates. They’ve added a lot of value over the past 24 months. I’m sure they are considering this update seriously.

Great plugin!

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

I guess my problem with very poor performence no metter what I’m doing is related to the same problem.

Daniel Proctor
    Participant

Possibly…

I managed to optimise my website so it loads a lot faster.

I used W3 Total Cache and Asset CleanUp plugins. Took some tinkering and trial and error but eventually changed the load speed on mobile from 30s+ to under 4s. Good luck!

Leon Harris
    Participant

We’re having this issue as well.

Had to resort to disabling caching on all accommodation pages, checkout and search results page which is far from ideal.

Any update on a fix for this would be great.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thank you all for your feedback. All the upvotes have been added.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.